How do you make this Bollywood sound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

D-Fusion wrote:Do you have propellerhead reason?
If so go to www.combinatorhq.com and download the JX-3P Refill and take a listen to the demo song :D
Sorry, I don't have Props, I'm hardcore FLS user :D Is it possible to post a link to the demo song? If those refills are free, can you convert them to wav or sf2? Hmm, its #1 downloaded refill in there, 303 follows as #4, and Virus B as #8 :lol:

Regarding the scales: The first example is just using natural minor while the beginning of the second is based on what usually is referred to as "HM5", meaning the fifth degree of the harmonic minor scale, in this case the "base" scale would be E harmonic minor but as it's based around a B root, the scale would be B HM5. Pretty usual thing to give something a tad of an eastern flair.
After that (when the actual song starts) it's nothing more than some run of the mill pop harmonies.

Actually, HM5 is not exactly anything you'd find in traditional indian music. Indian music usually makes large use of other interval scalings than what we have in our western music.
But the HM5 scale is used kinda often to sort of emulate things. But, to my ears it's more like what you may know from turkish pop songs.

If you want instant success try a chord progression such as, say, | E(7) | Dmin | and play some A harmonic minor lines onto it, preferably using some quickly attacking string patch in octaves.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

The demo song is included in the refill, and i don´t have any place to upload an mp3 of it.
Converting the refill to wav or sf2 would take to much time since it is alot of preset in there and i have create every preset one by one with velocity layers multi sampling and all that shit ;)
But you could try to E-mail the author and ask if he still has the wavs :D

you can use a free hosting like www.rapidshare.de - upload it there and post a link, please?

@ Sascha Franck: I don't have much of a music theory background (yeah, imagine that, while I do have contracts with labels and some releases :lol:), but I will definitely experiment with your suggestions and look into those chord progressions. If you can post a midi, that would be fantastic ;)

Here's a very lousy mockup, made in like 2 minutes, I also don't seem to have any appropriate string patches (a quick attack legato patch would be great):
http://home.arcor.de/s.franck/temp/PseudoEastern.mp3
Forgive the lousy groove, but it should just demonstrate the HM5 stuff. It's pretty much similar to what you find in your second example.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:Here's a very lousy mockup, made in like 2 minutes, I also don't seem to have any appropriate string patches (a quick attack legato patch would be great):
http://home.arcor.de/s.franck/temp/PseudoEastern.mp3
Forgive the lousy groove, but it should just demonstrate the HM5 stuff. It's pretty much similar to what you find in your second example.
Very impressive :-o If you can do this in 2 minutes, I can only imagine what could be done in 2 hours :wink:

Return to “Instruments”