What base functionality still is missing in Bitwig 5

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:19 am
nowiamone wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:29 pm
In case anyone knows Taches way of sidechaining, i would love to hear about it - is there a video where he creates it? :)
He is using a Segments modulator at the project level. When the project pane is selected, you can then see a track input option in the Inspector.

In this case, the Segments modulator is being triggered by the notes from the bass track.

Then the Segments modulator is modulating various track levels with the result that the track levels are lowered when the bass notes play. The Segments envelope shape controls the level reduction over time.
Thanks, will experiment with this!
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

JHernandez wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:17 pm What the hell is going on in this thread? It's gone way off topic. What a dumpster fire.

Time to lock it.
Yes, we've strayed from talking about low-hanging issues with individual brands, to the larger issues that bind all of them together. LOCK THE THREAD NOW REMOVE THIS FROM MY SIGHT AT ONCE.

BobDog wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:29 am
Milkman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:52 pm
BobDog wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:49 pm
Milkman wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:29 pm
mevla wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:47 pm
Milkman wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:41 pm In terms of brand management/community management, as soon as you accept that some angry customers will be categorized "unhelpful" and moderated in some way - read: censored - because of their personal intolerance of the brand nonsense that we all just accept as normal, this opens the door for the brand to decide what is helpful and what isnt.
I support common sense communication. A bashing comment w/o any documentation, without any details is what it is : bashing. This is very different from a negative comment that's well supported where the author has taken the time to explain, to demonstrate his/her points and is willing to dialogue. Common sense.

Taking a step back, as I mentioned, assuring a presence from the creators of the product shows that there's someone in the house. The lights are turned on. This creates a situation where 'burglars' so to speak are not tempted to visit. Again, look at the u-he forum, a good example.
Milkman wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:41 pm You, or others, may like this customer service paradigm, but many of us do not and have not for decades. This economic system is decrepit, and we dont have to just accept these things are normal just because they are common.
Now if you want to discuss problems with society, I had my share on KVR when I mentioned my point of view on the forced injections some year and a half ago. I was quickly insulted by many. And that was on a forum related to other topics, not a product-dedicated one.
The lesser problems I am relating to brands are indeed related to the larger problems in society, economy. IDGAF if people quickly insult me, as I am very much capable of holding my own in any argument or debate on the subject. I can 'show my work' in a way many cannot, so I welcome those people. They've never come for me here, yet.

Brand management philosophy will not dominate this forum on my watch, but if it eventually does, Ill continue spending most of my time on my blog or on mastodon, where I usually spend it all. If admins and mods allow that, that's their problem.
"On your watch", you are one seriously disillusioned person. Who put you in charge?

You still haven't answered why people should jump to you whims because it is your constitutional right?
Do you make a habit of mis-quoting people, then demanding an answer to what you mis-quoted them on?

Did *I* say anything about constitutional rights? Look again, partner.

When I say "my watch", I dont think it means the same thing to me as it means to you. Did you sense that at all?
https://www.usingenglish.com/reference/ ... watch.html

Sorry about the "constitutional rights", getting you confused with another numptie.
So your confusion about the phrase "on my watch" caused your brain to blend 2 different people together? lol ok. Apology accepted.

Milkman wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:04 pm
JHernandez wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:17 pm What the hell is going on in this thread? It's gone way off topic. What a dumpster fire.

Time to lock it.
Yes, we've strayed from talking about low-hanging issues with individual brands, to the larger issues that bind all of them together. LOCK THE THREAD NOW REMOVE THIS FROM MY SIGHT AT ONCE.
Its not only off topic but against the rules on KVR. I have no problem talking stuff like politics, in fact I do a lot of that, but this is not the place for it.
-JH

Milkman wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:06 pm So your confusion about the phrase "on my watch" caused your brain to blend 2 different people together? lol ok. Apology accepted.
Search for "on my watch" on the internet and see who is confused.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

JHernandez wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:55 pm Its not only off topic but against the rules on KVR.
How so ?

JHernandez wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:55 pm

Time to lock it.
Its not only off topic but against the rules on KVR. I have no problem talking stuff like politics, in fact I do a lot of that, but this is not the place for it.
How is a relevant discussion about the cause of issues that we all face against the rules?

Perhaps discounting the source of the problem we are all talking about is against the rules. Have you thought about that?

BobDog wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:43 am
Milkman wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:06 pm So your confusion about the phrase "on my watch" caused your brain to blend 2 different people together? lol ok. Apology accepted.
Search for "on my watch" on the internet and see who is confused.
Ill block you if you keep wasting my time. Im not here for personal issues, Im here to talk about Bitwig, DAWs, music technology and brands, and Im not interested in whatever pathological issue drives you.

Milkman wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:18 pm
JHernandez wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:55 pm

Time to lock it.
How is a relevant discussion about the cause of issues that we all face against the rules?

Perhaps discounting the source of the problem we are all talking about is against the rules. Have you thought about that?
Read the rules instead of asking me if you want. And no I haven't thought of that because I have no issues or problem with Bitwig and I don't care why the rules are there. They're reasonable imo and so I try to follow them.

I really don't want to contribute any more to this dumpster fire so I will not be replying again. Nothing personal.
-JH

Milkman wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:18 pm How is a relevant discussion about the cause of issues that we all face against the rules?

This is a forum for and about Bitwig. This thread was started to discuss feature that people consider expected that are not there in Bitwig.

Many of your posts here are off topic. Off topic to the thread and the forum in general. Site wide, KVR discourages posts about politics, social problems, etc. There's one little corner for that and otherwise, yeah, it's against the rules.

There are plenty of places on the internet for you to discuss these sorts of topics and with people who are there for that purpose. This isn't one of them. So if you would, please respect this.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:58 am
Milkman wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:18 pm How is a relevant discussion about the cause of issues that we all face against the rules?

This is a forum for and about Bitwig. This thread was started to discuss feature that people consider expected that are not there in Bitwig.

Many of your posts here are off topic. Off topic to the thread and the forum in general. Site wide, KVR discourages posts about politics, social problems, etc. There's one little corner for that and otherwise, yeah, it's against the rules.

There are plenty of places on the internet for you to discuss these sorts of topics and with people who are there for that purpose. This isn't one of them. So if you would, please respect this.
Many of your posts are confrontational - not debate, but argument and insinuation - so you are more likely to be seen as not following rules than anyone else. You should really learn how to have some tact and try not to steamroll threads. Its rude.

This was always relevant, and your issue of becoming defensive, combative, and/or uncomfortable when discussing the actual root cause of the brand issues we were *just* talking about is your own problem. Save it for someone you can push around and threaten with forum rules. That isnt me. Maybe block me so we dont have this unfortunate interaction again in the future? Thanks.

Edit: in fact, allow me. There is like 1 person on my blocklist here, and now they have company.

Milkman wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:43 am Many of your posts are confrontational - not debate, but argument and insinuation - so you are more likely to be seen as not following rules than anyone else. You should really learn how to have some tact and try not to steamroll threads. Its rude.

This was always relevant, and your issue of becoming defensive, combative, and/or uncomfortable when discussing the actual root cause of the brand issues we were *just* talking about is your own problem. Save it for someone you can push around and threaten with forum rules. That isnt me. Maybe block me so we dont have this unfortunate interaction again in the future? Thanks.

Edit: in fact, allow me. There is like 1 person on my blocklist here, and now they have company.
I really like and enjoy the way you express yourself!
Straight to the point without any unimportant side stuff...
Well done! :tu:

I had already cancelled the milk so hadn't seen this, pdxindy is probably the most helpful person on the forum, the milkman's description is sour milk to say the least.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

All. Bitwig miss all base functionality. Lets be honest. Its good for sound design. As a DAW its piece of junk...

vroteg wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:29 pm As a DAW its piece of junk...
In that case, it's my favorite piece of junk 8)

Return to “Bitwig”