Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Howard wrote:^Then there's "ModSeq" triggering in Bazille. But yes, more control over individual envelope triggering etc. in Z3 would (will?) be great :-)
I hope for "will".

I just explored Make Noise' Brains + 2 x Pressure Points which I have configured as an 8-step sequencer. For each step you have an individual gate output that can trigger anything. So each step can trigger something else, and envelope here, a drum there. Such a simple concept, so utterly not available in softsynths (maybe in Blocks, but you'd need to pre-patch it).

:tu:

I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked and answered before; I'm just failing to find it.

Is there any reason the resolution knob can't be modulated?

vvilms wrote:I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked and answered before; I'm just failing to find it.

I haven't given this much thought... It might change the CPU performance dramatically, hence I'm not sure I'd encourage modulating it. It's also something that might not happen instantaneous, e.g. if going from very low to very high, so it might cause some headaches.

What does a scanner do?

Crossfades between inputs, perhaps?

Yep

At audio rates, perhaps? Like rotors in John Bowen Solaris? :)

Urs wrote:
vvilms wrote:I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked and answered before; I'm just failing to find it.

I haven't given this much thought... It might change the CPU performance dramatically, hence I'm not sure I'd encourage modulating it. It's also something that might not happen instantaneous, e.g. if going from very low to very high, so it might cause some headaches.
Oh, I see. That makes sense. I was just asking because I believe(d) a patch I made a couple evens ago could benefit from it. I'd not need it to be instantaneous, but as it seems to increase/ slow the perceived rate of movement (in a slightly more interesting way than adjusting the rate of the current source of wave position modulation), I'd figured attaching a slow lfo to it could be nice.

EvilDragon wrote:At audio rates, perhaps? Like rotors in John Bowen Solaris? :)
No, probably not... not my cuppa tea. (Use RingMod/AmplitudeMod instead)

Ooh I see Urs' new modular videos! :o :D Sounds VERY nice! :love: 8) Can you post one with your Brains in it Urs?

Trippy in Kamieniec (Modular Synth Performance)
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:Can you post one with your Brains in it Urs?
Funny that you should say that... I've just had a happy accident where I used the two voices (DPO) from the Make Noise system for a rhythm section and a bass line, with Brains + Pressure Points as main structural element... it's not a "nice" patch though, it's rather "mean" sounding stuff. I'll see if I can record it.

EvilDragon wrote:At audio rates, perhaps? Like rotors in John Bowen Solaris? :)
Those Rotors are really nice.
What I like is using the Ribbon Controller for rate on the Rotors, while using the same Ribbon to modulate Cutoff Freq and Osc Sync depth on Zebra2 HZ..

Layering Zebra or Omnisphere with Solaris is sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di0jFN3gHXY
Where and when can I get this update? A lot of noise and take nowhere?
Live and learn forever!

It's still a work in progress. Be patient.

Return to “u-he”