Shreddage 2 Engine V3.21 - Updates for S2, IBZ, SRP - Available Now! (August 3, 2016 IBZ Bug fix)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Those 2 bugs are indeed fixed.

I did notice that controls on the main page in the interface don't preserve in saved presets and neither does the thrash note keyswitch or the auto unload ram button. I made a video showing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYSddiHyms

Also, there is a strange bug with string preference. It seems that when it's set to C-2 it performs perfectly. However if you set it to NONE on the advanced page, it persists as if it were set to C-2, but the string reset is where the string 7 note would be and you cannot set it to the 7 string via a key. If you change the keyswitch to C#-2, it's as if the string 1 preference is on C-2 and you cannot select it and it starts on string 2 on C#-2 and goes all the way to string 8! I'm not sure if it repeats that pattern for all the other keyswitch options but I assume it would. It's a bit much to understand through text so I made another video for that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zceLAiQH6z4

Sorry for all the nitpicking! I hope as a result the new engine will be absolutely free of bugs.

Your feedback is extremely appreciated :-)

I think I've fixed both these things. I had left out a number of controls from the preset array, and I believe everything is in there now. Here are the new versions of both instruments:

Shreddage 2 IBZ - v1.18

Shreddage 2 - v3.12
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

In the Instruments folder with Shreddage 2 - v3.12, the instrument file is label v3.10. Don't know if it's the older file or the the newer file with the older version number?

Technically the NKI is labeled 3.10 but that is in fact the latest version... if you hit "!" in Kontakt it should say S2 v 3.10 / Engine v 3.12.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I can confirm that everything is now saved in the save/load system.

String preference can now be used on a different keyswitch key but it looks like in the notification it labels each string wrongly. It says string 0 when it should be string 1, string 1 for when it should be string 2, and so on. Functionally, it works fine but the notification displays the wrong text.

I can still trigger string preference when the keyswitch is set to NONE. Same thing as before - as if it was set to C-2 but string 7 is missing and replaced by the reset. As a personal note I'm fine with it because I leave string preference on C-2, but if it's set to NONE you can't put anything else in those keys so it's a loss in functionality.

You're doing great work and putting out updates with fixes very quickly! I can't think of a better support system.

Those issues will be fixed :-) Just a simple check I forgot to add.

Plan is to release these updates for real tomorrow - with a few new presets too. If anyone else has feedback, let me know!

zircon wrote:Those issues will be fixed :-) Just a simple check I forgot to add.

Plan is to release these updates for real tomorrow - with a few new presets too. If anyone else has feedback, let me know!
Looking forward to the release candidate.
Is there any plans to update Shreddage Bass (picked edition) ?
Or perhaps re-record a picked bass, sometimes in the future ?
Either way, <3
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Yes, I'd like to update the original Picked Bass to the SB2 engine. Orrr maybe just do a new one. Either one!

New beta files have been posted! Please test these one more time over the next 24 hours before I send them off to ALL users tomorrow (Thursday), and thank you so much for your feedback!

zircon wrote:If anyone else has feedback, let me know!
Midi CC commands/binds for every option (Mono mode ans such) would be great (not sure if feasible/possible). Otherwise it looked/felt really good, thanks!

This is a native Kontakt feature - just right click on any movable/clickable control to MIDI learn it.

Vibrato fix for S2 will be done shortly, along with sample path fixes.

Hi Greg and all Shreddagers :hug:

I 've found a little bug in Shreddage 2 with the vibrato mode (not present in IBZ).
It seem that it work properly just in Light mode.
Heavy vibrato mode don't work in the lower range with sustains, works fine with Pinch Harmonics.
Whammy and Smooth mode, don't work at all with sustains but works fine with Pinch Harmonics.

Hello, Shreddage 2 (V3_14).nki is trying to load samples from Shreddage2IBZ/IBZ Samples 16bit/Harmonics

I copied the Harmonics folder under the Samples folder of the original Shreddage II folder

Also it was looking for the FX from wrong path. After I pointed the correct folders, Kontakt loaded the instrument.

zircon wrote:Yes, I'd like to update the original Picked Bass to the SB2 engine. Orrr maybe just do a new one. Either one!
Hehe! Well, whichever works best. I'll be waiting! :tu:
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Bug fixes coming shortly!

EDIT: OK, they're in. Same links as in the first post.

Zircon, I love the way you view your instruments: you're like the painter who never believes his painting is finished - it can always be better.

Couple questions:

Could it ever be possible to allow Hammer/Pull and Portamento to be selected via keyswitch or CC simultaneously with another compatible articulation, also selected via keyswitch or CC, such as Sustain Power Chord or Sustain Single Note?

There are 2 workarounds that work, but they're weird.

1. Use velocity range to select the major articulations, like Sustain Single Note, and use keyswitch to select Hammer/Pull or Portamento. I can't really use velocity range to select Hammer/Pull or Portamento, because the major articulations always use velocity layers WITHIN the articulation's velocity range, and this would conflict.

2. Set both Hammer/Pull and Portamento to a velocity range of 1-127 and use automation to turn them on/off so they don't conflict.

I think multiple compatible keyswitches/ CCs would be easier, if possible.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”