I need Monitors

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, just there's not much room in the bathroom.

blue

bluelife wrote:Sorry, just there's not much room in the bathroom.

blue
how few keys has your master keyboard then? :)

two, hot & cold.

blue

bluelife wrote:two, hot & cold.

blue
your mixdowns do sound washy sometimes? :P

I tend to drown the vocals in reverb.

blue

bluelife wrote:I tend to drown the vocals in reverb.

blue
mate - it's called mixdown, not mixdrown. duh! :x :D

kevvvvv wrote: Since I only ever had hifi speakers before, the Truths are the best speakers I ever had in my life.
I'm like the virgin whose only ever had one lover, if that makes any sense :lol:
Miss Hand and her Five Lovely Maidens? :D

I could use some decent monitors too... I can hear things clearly wrong with my current hifi separates setup (Cambridge Audio amp+Wharfedale speakers). What a minefield though.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Try the Tannoy Reveals. They exist in both active (around 500 euros) and passive versions (around 200 euros). Few monitors, if any, in this pricerage can beat them. I have a pair of passive Reveals with a Rotel (home stereo) amplifier and they really sound good and help me mix better.

But don't forget that the monitors are only part of the solution, they should be positioned correctly and the room should also be acoustically treated.

griels wrote:
kevvvvv wrote: Since I only ever had hifi speakers before, the Truths are the best speakers I ever had in my life. :lol:[...]
I could use some decent monitors too... I can hear things clearly wrong with my current hifi separates setup (Cambridge Audio amp+Wharfedale speakers). What a minefield though.
i even know people who use their car audio for monitoring on their way home.

i personally take my mixes over to my stereo to listen further - but it's a tedious process because it's hindering the workflow.

a set of decent, tiny active monitors would be a real plus over here.

anyone still uses jbl control1?

anyone still uses jbl control 1
I did until recently..... but although they sound pretty good they're no good for monitoring. Although they're pretty tiny they add to much bass and lack clearity.
I think these are perfect for bars and suchs.... infact, I sold mine to a fitness-studio. :D

RWA wrote:
anyone still uses jbl control 1
I did until recently..... but although they sound pretty good they're no good for monitoring. Although they're pretty tiny they add to much bass and lack clearity.
I think these are perfect for bars and suchs.... infact, I sold mine to a fitness-studio. :D
okay. i used to worked with yamaha ns10 and alesis monitor one (?) - the ns10 might be a legend, but i preffered the alesis ones.

my parents bought control1 clones for their home stereo. but they don't even know what a monitor *means* :)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”