Any good news about Aspect?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uh, got distracted for a moment... or a month...

Did I miss something? 8)

Sorry! I really did intend to knuckle down to Aspect over the Christmas break. Unfortunately, my partner contracted Covid - despite our best efforts at self-isolation - and as she is someone "at risk" (due to a chronic underlying condition) I simply couldn't get around to the mammoth lockdown coding session I was hoping for. She's negative now, and as such I'm back to development. (I didn't catch Covid, rather miraculously; or if I did, both lateral flow and PCR didn't pick up on it!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

"Negative news" is good news, so take your time, Colin.
Good to hear you and your partner are fine, and you're on track again.

Happy to hear you and your partner are OK, seems many are catching it around here including myself but luckily its been somewhat mild for all I've known to catch it.

Looking forward to any news from loomer this year, architect is still my biggest source of inspiration :)

Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yeah, no intent to hassle, just love your stuff so much! Glad to hear your partner is on the mend and do take care Colin!

Thank you, very much appreciated Winstontaneous.

Hello everybody and Colin of course:)

Hope you are doing fine and your music creation makes you happy and makes you fly over this
stupid times with loooooooooooooooooooooooots of crazy people making even more crazy things as usually:)

Some month are gone and I am curious to hear what is Aspect doing.
May be a test version is on the way?

Hiy Colin hope you are doing outstanding good and your inspiration for coding unbroken.

All the best for you all.

Things that were still in design limbo have been finalised, so I'm definitely closer than before. (I was in several minds about how to handle preset upgrades from previous versions, balancing backwards compatibility with new features, but I'm pretty pleased with the solution I went for, as it has 100% preset backwards compatibility, whilst still allowing for new modulation sources and such enhanced features.)

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:40 pm the solution I went for, as it has 100% preset backwards compatibility, whilst still allowing for new modulation sources and such enhanced features.
This is the holy grail of SW upgrade: allow new features and maintain backward compatibility :)
Hope to see this upgrade soon :tu:

Any news on Aspect, now that we're halfway through may... ?!

Further along that last time, but progress definitely hampered after wasting a huge amount of time faffing about with macOS redrawing issues: it's a difficult thing making plug-ins work (well) on more than one version of macOS!

Let's say I'm not a Mac afficinado...
Any estimates on a windows release ? ;)

colin@loomer wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:52 pmit's a difficult thing making plug-ins work (well) on more than one version of macOS!
Why are we Windows users paying for this? MacOS versions should be more expensive.

I'm willing to deal with bugs. I miss my Aspect. :)

Return to “Loomer”