Precyne 1.4 now released (new tracker style DAW, VST3/AU plugins)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

machinesworking wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:37 pm
Kraku wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:14 am There are no current plans to make specific compatibility features with other DAWs. This is because of the upcoming feature set that has been planned for Precyne, making the need to use other DAWs at the same time non-necessary even for those who might require it now. :)
IMO, it's more about being able to use all the great features in a DAW that might be designed more for mixing and mastering, like Digital Performer, Pro Tools, Cubase etc. I don't think anyone wants to load a developer down with a million requests for VCA Faders, articulation mapping, movie and sheet music support etc. but we do want to use those things at times. VST/CLAP plugin support would cover that and allow use to use a more entertaining and composition oriented DAW like yours. Count me in as someone who misses rewire for this very reason.
Hmm. What kind of workflow do you mean? Do you mean linking the DAWs together so one can be used for mixing in realtime, instead of having to first bounce the audio tracks into files?
Misspellers of the world, unit!
https://soundcloud.com/aflecht

Kraku wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:17 am
machinesworking wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:37 pm
Kraku wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:14 am There are no current plans to make specific compatibility features with other DAWs. This is because of the upcoming feature set that has been planned for Precyne, making the need to use other DAWs at the same time non-necessary even for those who might require it now. :)
IMO, it's more about being able to use all the great features in a DAW that might be designed more for mixing and mastering, like Digital Performer, Pro Tools, Cubase etc. I don't think anyone wants to load a developer down with a million requests for VCA Faders, articulation mapping, movie and sheet music support etc. but we do want to use those things at times. VST/CLAP plugin support would cover that and allow use to use a more entertaining and composition oriented DAW like yours. Count me in as someone who misses rewire for this very reason.
Hmm. What kind of workflow do you mean? Do you mean linking the DAWs together so one can be used for mixing in realtime, instead of having to first bounce the audio tracks into files?
Well for instance I have a few orchestral libraries and the easiest way to use them is with articulation mapping, and to go ahead and buy a third party mapper for all of my libraries. Currently only 4 or 5 DAWs are supported with this, and it's specific to people who have orchestral libraries, a niche concern for a tracker/DAW that's geared towards massively fast step input as opposed to capturing a lifelike violin ensemble. If you could open up Precyne inside one of these dinosaur DAWs you could use the articulation mapping and orchestral libraries alongside the faster workflow before the song was finished.

I mean this is essentially what Rewire offered. Ableton Live had better time stretching, clips, and a fast workflow, but for decades I would say, it's arrangement was limited. I would eventually Rewire, but it always sucked in the sense that VSTs would go away. These days I use an MPC Live II and about half the time it's an advanced controller for the MPC 2 plugin software. Which offers plugins and full song support as an MPC VST plugin in a DAW like DP, Cubase, Logic etc.

I mean it's of course up to you, I just personally have to bounce around a bit DAW wise, and it would be amazing to always be able to use Precyne in every circumstance.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:57 pm I mean it's of course up to you, I just personally have to bounce around a bit DAW wise, and it would be amazing to always be able to use Precyne in every circumstance.
I'll take a look at this and see what would make sense from Precyne's point of view.
Misspellers of the world, unit!
https://soundcloud.com/aflecht

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”