Precyne 1.4 now released (new tracker style DAW, VST3/AU plugins)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Decyne4 Music has released a large update for their DAW Precyne. The biggest new features in Precyne version 1.4 are:

- VST3 and AU plugin support for instruments and effects.
- Software mix channels.

Precyne is a digital audio workstation software which combines tracker-style sequencing with modern arrangement tools, such as a linear timeline view of your song and a MIDI clip launcher.

Unlike many other DAW software on the market, Precyne has been designed to work with hardware music studio gear instead of trying to replace it. It has been designed from the ground up to be used with all your hardware synthesizers, drum machines, groove boxes, samplers, and effects units. Hardware and software workflows are merged seamlessly with attention to detail in how people actually use their hardware while making music in real life.

The audio mixing and routing screen has been designed with a hybrid studio workflow in mind. Unlike most software on the market, all your audio interface's channels are treated more like physical channels and busses found on high end analog mixing consoles used in professional studios. You can now easily route your hardware instruments between different chains of hardware effects units or switch audio sources between multiple hardware samplers, all with a single button press.

The mixer includes streaming of your audio channels into audio files. This feature is for all those frequently occurring situations when you want to test and record your ideas, so you can listen later what you came up with. Now you can play with your keyboards for minutes or even hours, multitrack recording everything without the need to dedicate a new project or parts of your current project for long audio takes.

Included also is a tightly integrated sampler which is designed for sampling all your audio sources quickly and easily, instead of only playing back ready made samples. The sampler is packed with sound synthesis power, essentially turning it into a capable synthesizer with a sampling oscillator.

Precyne's sampler also let's you play and record audio at the same time. This feature lets you quickly and easily bounce your samples through your external audio gear, or simply record your sampler's own performance for further processing using its filters and modulations.

Tracker style workflow allows you to quickly and easily create tight parameter modulations for MIDI hardware and software instruments.

Precyne is now available for Windows.
macOS (Intel CPUs) is available as open beta version.

https://www.decyne4.com

Screenshot_Instrument_Plugins.jpg
Screenshot_Mixer_Router.png
Screenshot_Sampler.png
Screenshot_Timeline.png
Screenshot_Clip_Launcher.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Awesome. Love trackers. Keeping an eye on this one.

New update 1.4.2.0 now includes:
- VST/AU plugin list editor for handling those plugins which might cause crashes.
- Track and scene clip colors are now user definable.
- User definable track and scene names.

Plugin_List_Editor.jpg
Clip_Colors_And_Track_Names_02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I decided to make tutorial videos of the new features, from now on:

www.youtube.com/shorts/uDY2ytSWmvg

www.youtube.com/shorts/BX34FwJkMZc

www.youtube.com/shorts/pdDNN3PtVy8

:clap: Excellent!
I missed the latest versions, it's growing up very nicely

Now in beta version, almost out of the oven: sample slice playback.
Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 18.17.17.png

Version 1.4.3.1 is now officially released. Now with sample slicing:

https://youtu.be/neHwwpBRiRU?si=D1SD1e1yrujN9VHV

Looks awesome, Renoise definitely need some competitors because they have wasted way too many great opportunities for 10+ years to make trackers great including UX that make sense.

I have used SunVox for 10 years, and currently I have switch to furnace without any issue, but the workflow of Renoise always dreads me out because it uses weird standards and defaults and changing keymap is highly challenging.

Btw, Can your tracker do note slide using MPE?

Logickin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:06 am Btw, Can your tracker do note slide using MPE?
Currently for HW synths only MIDI 1.0 features are supported.

Really nice DAW, congrats!
Does it have vst instrument parameter record/automation features? The R button does not seem to work on that.

I am trying the tracker, and I have a couple of questions:

- Will we able to choose the file path for VST scan? I have some plugin stored in D drive to save space from my C drive.
- Can we use any form of bridge plugin to use VST2? I have tried blue cat patch work, and it crashes when I input a note; unify simply failed the scan. (I want to use some oldies like Synth1 or T-force alpha plus sometimes although I have the fancy stuff like diva or spire)
- Can we change keymap in the future version?
- Can we change the tick speed like traditional tracker, so we can write note in higher resolution or do swing, given the same BPM? (I normally write music with TPL in 3, with a resolution of 32th notes)

Other than that, this is a cool tracker, and the workflow is definitely much simpler than Renoise and Radium. Can't wait to see the update on this tracker.

andy4trance wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:45 pm Does it have vst instrument parameter record/automation features? The R button does not seem to work on that.
Automation: Yes.
Automation recording: Not yet.

Logickin wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:46 am - Will we able to choose the file path for VST scan? I have some plugin stored in D drive to save space from my C drive.
Good point. I'll add this into the next update.
Logickin wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:46 am - Can we use any form of bridge plugin to use VST2? I have tried blue cat patch work, and it crashes when I input a note; unify simply failed the scan. (I want to use some oldies like Synth1 or T-force alpha plus sometimes although I have the fancy stuff like diva or spire)
Precyne itself won't be supporting VST2 plugins. Bride plugins (a VST3 plugin which wraps around VST2 plugin) probably works if the wrapper has been done correctly. I have never used such wrapper plugins, so I don't know how reliable they are in practice.
Logickin wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:46 am - Can we change keymap in the future version?
That is a planned feature which will be done sometime in the future updates. There are couple of major features on top of the task list before that though.
Logickin wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:46 am - Can we change the tick speed like traditional tracker, so we can write note in higher resolution or do swing, given the same BPM? (I normally write music with TPL in 3, with a resolution of 32th notes)
The ticks per row is fixed to 12, which allows the use of note divisions of both 3 and 4 ticks inside the single row.

You can use the note start/end column to adjust your exact note playback. Those are the 1st and 3rd columns (Start and End, respectively). This way you don't need to play tricks with ticks per row anymore the way you did with traditional trackers.

Also you can set Rows Per Beat separately for each pattern you create, which gives you more ticks per beat. I.e. if originally you have 4 rows per beat, that would be 4*12 ticks per beat in total. When you set 8 rows per beat, that would be double the ticks per each beat. So instead of adjusting ticks per row, adjust rows per beat for those patterns which require you to do so.

Notice that since Rows Per Beat can be any integer number, you can have for example 5 rows per beat, which in turn is 5*12 = 60 ticks per beat. When you set different patterns to have different rows per beat, and play them in parallel, you can create some really wild polyrhythms really fast and easily.
Logickin wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:46 am Other than that, this is a cool tracker, and the workflow is definitely much simpler than Renoise and Radium. Can't wait to see the update on this tracker.
Thank you. Much appreciated :) There are some highly interesting and useful features in the oven, coming sometime in the future :)

[quote=Kraku post_id=8789614 time=1700214470 user_id=9660]
[quote=andy4trance post_id=8789303 time=1700171149 user_id=289717]
Does it have vst instrument parameter record/automation features? The R button does not seem to work on that.
[/quote]

Automation: Yes.
Automation recording: Not yet.
[/quote]

I like the "yet" part 😀.
Purchased to support the project. It takes the best of both worlds - trackers and cliplaunchers. Looking forward its growth.

Great updates, loving how this is progressing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”