An Alternative To Reaktor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:35 am If I were self-absorbed, I'd be dancing around on youtube, or something but that's not me. :D
True , instead you create sock puppet account ' lazerligh' to upvote you own posts ,eventually locking your studio one thread by the mods .
What it is that you can't achieve in reaktor ,to be back on topic ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:35 am If I were self-absorbed, I'd be dancing around on youtube, or something
...3200+ posts of 'something' later...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

You know how about 5 of you have just piled on that one dude? You couldn't have made my point any better. I guess there is context but for those who haven't thrown 20+ years at this, it just seems insanely hostile.

Right...I genuinely clicked on this thread in the hope of seeing something interesting being recommended. But it was all personal attacks. Oh well.

It appears if you are some sort of Reaktor creator you can't ask anything about competing products or mention anything you did or they kill you with the "you are just making self-promotion" thing.

While we are at it, how is it with RNBO? If I have purchased and now abandoned the M4L device, is it possible to migrate to RNBO and get the 1:1 same sound, same everything, and export to VST3 on Windows? I might pay someone to do it but want to know if is it possible.

swilow11 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:11 am You know how about 5 of you have just piled on that one dude?
You can't imagine how sorry I am.

You know, we all decide for ourselves what we post, and so does the OP. He doesn't have to create topics "just because it was time for another one", which have no content or purpose but to be self-absorbed.

If you're not able to see or realize that, then I'm sorry for your lack of knowledge of human nature. Or, maybe you're simply not registered here long enough to know your folks.

It also speaks volumes that he tells everyone now how everyone loves him, and that there are just a few assholes who don't. Spot on really.

kmonkey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:51 pmIf I have purchased and now abandoned the M4L device, is it possible to migrate to RNBO
Not following you there, what do you mean specifically by 'abandoned the M4L device?'

M4L devices have access to pretty much all of Max, RNBO is a (separately licensed) system within Max that allows you to compile and/or export Max projects built within rnbo~ objects and to a specific subset of Max's functionality as implemented by RNBO.
and get the 1:1 same sound, same everything
Basically I'd say no. Unless it was built with the particular subset of Max that RNBO supports as identical, which is mostly gen~ I think. Other objects may not exist, or exist but be slightly different.
and export to VST3 on Windows?
Probably, unless you want a custom UI.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Mon May 13, 2024 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 pm
kmonkey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:51 pmIf I have purchased and now abandoned the M4L device, is it possible to migrate to RNBO
Not following you there, what do you mean specifically by 'abandoned the M4L device?'

M4L devices have access to pretty much all of Max, RNBO is a (separately licensed) system within Max that allows you to compile and/or export Max projects built within rnbo~ objects and to a specific subset of Max's functionality as implemented by RNBO.
and get the 1:1 same sound, same everything
Basically I'd say no. Unless it was built with the particular subset of Max that RNBO supports as identical, which is mostly gen~. Other objects may not exist, or exist but be slightly different.
and export to VST3 on Windows?
Probably, unless you want a custom UI.
Thanks. Exactly what I meant. I purchased an M4l device a year and a half ago, and I discovered bugs, The dev confirmed but did not respond for more than a year. No updates on the horizon, no response to any of the emails, not even "hi" emails. I intentionally avoid mentioning which products publicly, I don't want to ruin anyone else's business or plans or whatever.

No GUI is needed, I mean current simple one may work fine for me. So thanks for your insight. Much appreciated.

kmonkey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:43 pm
Thanks. Exactly what I meant. I purchased an M4l device a year and a half ago, and I discovered bugs, The dev confirmed but did not respond for more than a year. No updates on the horizon, no response to any of the emails, not even "hi" emails. I intentionally avoid mentioning which products publicly, I don't want to ruin anyone else's business or plans or whatever.

No GUI is needed, I mean current simple one may work fine for me. So thanks for your insight. Much appreciated.
Ah, okay, I see what you mean... I reckon if you had to hire a Max guy to do a RNBO port, might be easier for them to just fix the original...

And yeah, while I'd say that while it'd be technically possible to rebuild some things built in M4L into RNBO, it wouldnt be all of them, and might not be that easy or that perfect.

kmonkey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:29 am Right...I genuinely clicked on this thread in the hope of seeing something interesting being recommended. But it was all personal attacks. Oh well.

It appears if you are some sort of Reaktor creator you can't ask anything about competing products or mention anything you did or they kill you with the "you are just making self-promotion" thing.
the recommendations have been given on the first page .
If you want to achieve low level dsp the candidates are
-pure/plugdata
-max msp
-Supercollider
-Alpha forever
-Synthedit ( can it handle z-1 now decently , afaik there wa a bit of a shitstorm since the release of uberverb whcih wasmade with synthedit and locking up because of a feedback loop )
If you just want the block equivalent of reaktor ,modular synth patching ..then
-bitwig
-vcv rack ( which can handle z-1 )
Furthermore the OP did not adress what he thought was lacking in reaktor and why he's looking for an alternative
Eyeball exchanging

chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:01 pm
swilow11 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:11 am You know how about 5 of you have just piled on that one dude?
You can't imagine how sorry I am.

You know, we all decide for ourselves what we post, and so does the OP. He doesn't have to create topics "just because it was time for another one", which have no content or purpose but to be self-absorbed.

If you're not able to see or realize that, then I'm sorry for your lack of knowledge of human nature. Or, maybe you're simply not registered here long enough to know your folks.

It also speaks volumes that he tells everyone now how everyone loves him, and that there are just a few assholes who don't. Spot on really.
I think the only motivation you have for being on KVR nowadays is to troll threads and to be at the top of the hierarchy tree for being the most condescending ass on here to practically anyone. You still have a bit to go to eclipse a few others here but you are on the right track. :dog:

You posting nonsense, trying to derail threads that you have no invested monetary in / and real experience of seems to be a reason for you being here nowadays.

You can try and skew the view others have when fingers start pointing at you as being a troll, but believe me, most smart people can see through this.

And btw, being liked, loved, and respected is a good thing, be that in real life from those who know you personally or online from those who don't. I didn't earn that by being self-obsessed and anti-social in life. I pity those who live a sad and lonely life live that way and feel the only way to get a kick out of life is to troll people online to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Creating threads has always been a hobby to engage people in interesting discussions, and to help, inspire, and learn from others.

You've had nothing to add to this thread, so I ask you kindly to close your door on your way out. :)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:01 pm

As you say we presumably decide what we post. But maybe we don't? ...it is plausible none of us have free will and are nothing more than passengers who experience the unfolding of time.
A block Universe where everything has already happened at least gives us a get out clause.
😁
Live and let live, be less judgemental.

Buiding a minimalist set of modules in plug/pure data , now i finnaly got the naming convention for local scope $0-name
Some karplus strong , Phase modulation etc..
Eyeball exchanging

Flowstone is rokkin' option
-on Windows only

I have attempted and succeeded in using Reaktor,
Core is trippy

I will use MAX again at some point,
It's really nice too

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned MSoundFactory (MeldaProduction). It's hella powerful and has a non-trivial but easier-than-Reaktor learning curve. If it's FX you want, look at MXXX instead.

Return to “Instruments”