CLAP public preview revision 13510 (ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure why. We do handle MIDI and CLAP's built-in Note events.

We do want to drop CLAP's Note Events until we can support NoteIDs though, so maybe the next update/beta will fix things.

Status Update: After updating from Rev. 13207 to Rev. 13510 of the u-he plugins at least MIDI-On events seem to be processed correctly by the u-he plugins, but somehow MIDI-Off events are not always processed reliably. This means that there are now often "hanging" notes. I will now also test the CLAP note dialect later to see how it behaves compared to the MIDI1 dialect.

Ok with the CLAP note dialect there are no hanging notes, meaning note-offs are handled correctly by the u-he plugins, but not with the MIDI1 dialect. So I will probably hardcode it in the plugin detection, that u-he CLAP plugins can only handle the CLAP note dialect, but not the MIDI1 dialect, until it is fixed in the u-he plugins, in the manner of

Code: Select all

fInputNotePortMIDI := ((NotePortInfo.SupportedDialects and CLAP_NOTE_DIALECT_MIDI) <> 0) and not (fVendor = 'u-he');

And if you like, I can also give you a copy of my DAW, along with a license file that unlocks the DAW into full version mode so you have another CLAP host to test. Just let me know. Because then I would take the hardcoded CLAP/MIDI dialect check out again.

As I said, there's a chance we will *only* support MIDI1 dialect from the next beta version.

I am playing with Hive 2 and the Poly mode of the new bitwig MSEG and oh boy... This is a next step in music creation...

Thanks for supporting/inventing CLAP guys it is awesomely awesome.

Jac459 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:57 pm I am playing with Hive 2 and the Poly mode of the new bitwig MSEG and oh boy... This is a next step in music creation...

Yeah, using the new tempo synced MSEG's in Bitwig per voice with the u-he CLAP synths is incredible! All sorts of groovy sequenced stuff bubbles out!

Hi Guys, are these 13510 versions the latest?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Jac459 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:57 pm I am playing with Hive 2 and the Poly mode of the new bitwig MSEG and oh boy... This is a next step in music creation...

Here's my first test with Hive and using the per voice Bitwig MSEG's... The rhythm is from the MSEG. Dry with no FX except a bit of compression.

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/Hive-Segments-2.mp3

pdxindy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:51 pm

Here's my first test with Hive and using the per voice Bitwig MSEG's... The rhythm is from the MSEG. Dry with no FX except a bit of compression.

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/Hive-Segments-2.mp3
Very cool, you should do a video on it...

BobDog wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:48 pm Hi Guys, are these 13510 versions the latest?
Yes.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks
Bitwig, against the constitution.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:28 pm

Yeah, using the new tempo synced MSEG's in Bitwig per voice with the u-he CLAP synths is incredible! All sorts of groovy sequenced stuff bubbles out!
Do you get pitch bend with the LinnStrument? I don't!
For me that is always the first requirement to even test anything else...
The VST version work fine btw...
When using a generic script instead of the LinnStrument script it works though, but it should also work with the Linn script. There is some mystery between expressions and Midi in Bitwig...

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:07 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:28 pm
Do you get pitch bend with the LinnStrument? I don't!
Pitch is not yet working in the u-he CLAP betas. They are working on it...

Unsure if this has been raised yet (I did a search for automation and didn't see anything) but I'm getting a strange automation issue with Hive in Windows.

I have a filter with a Macro assigned to it (value raises the cutoff) and I'm automating the Macro upwards. If the value I stop playback on is the same as the value I start playback on, it seems to revert to the original filter value.

For example, the original filter value is around 20%. I play through and the automation takes the macro to 80% when I stop. If I hit play again from the same spot in the automation where I've stopped, the filter will revert to 20%

I'm on Bitwig 5 beta 6. Has anyone seen this behaviour? Is it likely to be a Bitwig fault or a fault with the CLAP plugins? Any info would be great.

Thanks

pdxindy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:09 pm Pitch is not yet working in the u-he CLAP betas. They are working on it...
They should ask Baconpaul how to do it... They are working on it since a year or so...
Without that I simply don't test the betas... And as long true MPE isn't there, I would love to have an option as preference for all U-He plugins to lock pitch bend to 48... (not a serious FR, complete MPE would be the real solution...)

Return to “u-he”