Do Solfeggio Frequencies heal and should we not redefine the prime numbers?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- Tension may build up and be released in music.
(Question, Answer. Arsis, Thesis : Begin of the phrase, end.)
This may happen in the 5th chord to 1st chord progression in a Solfeggio (chords 1, 4, 5).
That may be giving the desired effect of tension being released.

Bach also used a technique of borrowed and suspended chords to the normal chord, that may give a similar "release" of tension. He only uses this technique many times, so you may start to get feelings for Bach.

Chromatic changes (single semitone progression to another) may be experienced as "emotional" and make people desire sensuality or make tearjerking music.

Bass tones may make vibrations that can be "felt" and thus also create feelings from anxiety to being dimpled in good vibrations, with the right amount of chorus or phaser, subbass level.

Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta brainwaves used to alter the speed of the brain can be used to make the brain go from an awake to asleep state, when used properly (head phones preferred). See SBAGen for making these.

Working out (dancing) gives a rewarding feel to the brain, because it is eminent for survival.

People that are under stress may find such simple resolutions "healing",
relation to each other of the chords in tune is more important than their exact frequency.
Only for ease of interaction with other players the frequency of 440 Hz A3
was worldwidely communicated in the 1940's in London.

I wanted to place a side-note, that the question of "does music heal" appears to people because they experience this. They want to know what it comes from, and they start searching for logical explainations. The question is not bad, and should not be mocked with. People that are under stress can seriously benefit from some qualities of composition skills and the vivacity of living music and dance, logic and art. I would rather see people explain the question with the answers in my previous post.

Return to “Music Theory”