Amiga Mods - mastering advice

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aciddose wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:48 pm https://youtu.be/QxZh7Vv7dGo

... :hyper:
That was an all time fav :)

its a lost cause because we're dealing with 8bit audio here.

its like blowing up a 50x50 pixel image to 5000 x 5000 and expecting
lots of detail. :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

aciddose wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:53 pm Warning, the author regularly does (IMO) silly things and edits my original code/comments, so... I can't vouch for the edited versions :)
You know, this is called experimenting, failing and learning. It's common practice when trying to learn the code. Also you talk as if I still blindly do that without ever learning, and that's not true. I'm just a control freak, so sometimes this happens.

What stopped you from uploading your own non-edited version and link to that instead? The code should still work perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned.

Mostly I'm referring to editing comments. That's a typical team programming issue where a lot of the time the original author understood the code/comment and wrote it, but later edits were made (often by accident through search & replace!) which slowly change the comments. Other times the code gets edited and the comments stay the same.

Through a process of "Chinese whispers" eventually the comments don't agree with the code anymore, regression bugs are introduced and so on. Little things like changing scientific notation to whole decimal without realizing the compiler may round the number differently or similar.

Yes it definitely works (as far as I know...), I just can't be 100% sure is all I meant. :) It's code that shouldn't be used as some "ultra-accurate scientific reference implementation" or something, but it does do the job well.

The "BLEP" implementation is ultra simple and I would argue could certainly stand as a reference implementation of the absolute most basic, minimum quality level and performance that is acceptable. It's a great demonstration that the technique of inserting FIR kernels is extremely simple and not hard to do at all.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Effects”