Randomizer for Zebra, ZebraCM, MFM2...

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Damn I guess I am left out of the fun
I try to save the file as a .h2p file ... ....I've put it in the presets directory ...nothing happened
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Sorry for bringing up this old thread (but hey, why not...), I would like to know if there's a way to modify this patch so it'd never affect OSC tuning. I mean, I usually do want to keep playing the normal way, so a C should better be a C ;)

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

If you look at the RandomNoNoise.h2p script, at the very end it has:

Code: Select all

#cm=Noise1
Vol=0.00
I'd imagine you could do something like:

#cm=OSC1
Tune=0.00
#cm=OSC2
Tune=0.00
#cm=OSC3
Tune=0.00
#cm=OSC4
Tune=0.00
Of course, this will trash prests where you have OSCs tuned to something else. I'm afraid the documentation on h2p internals is a bit sparse so I don't know how to do an if-check like:

if ( Global.Parameter[ i ].name != "Tune" )

I wonder of there's a way to indicate leaving Tune and Dtun as they are (instead of equals zero)

one can only use so many sfx/atonal patches

You can get the parameter id of the Tune parameters and then exclude these from being set. Unfortunately it's too late for me to do this now (need sleep). Maybe after the weekend...

Urs wrote:You can get the parameter id of the Tune parameters and then exclude these from being set. Unfortunately it's too late for me to do this now (need sleep). Maybe after the weekend...
today ok? :D

sinzero wrote:
Urs wrote:You can get the parameter id of the Tune parameters and then exclude these from being set. Unfortunately it's too late for me to do this now (need sleep). Maybe after the weekend...
Errrm. Maybe tomorrow... I'm in obsessive dev mode... one of these months where I try to resist going online at all...

Urs wrote:Errrm. Maybe tomorrow... I'm in obsessive dev mode... one of these months where I try to resist going online at all...
Now, that's a good thing. :)

Urs wrote:
sinzero wrote:
Errrm. Maybe tomorrow... I'm in obsessive dev mode... one of these months where I try to resist going online at all...
8)

wait, tomorrow is today...lol

when you can

thx!

I just purchased Zebra2 and love it--easily outclasses every other synth I own or demoed.
I'm also digging these randomization scripts. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to modify the arp script so that it only returns values for notes in the key (e.g. 0,2,4,5,7,9,11,12 for major). Here's the relevant part of the script:

for ( int i = 0; i < 16; i++ )
{
VoiceCircuit.Parameter[ 25 + i * 7 ] = rand(-12, 12);
}

I don't know much about scripting (outside video games) if anyone knows how to do an 'or' function I could probably figure it out. (or maybe a way to exclude the unwanted values from the random function?)

PetRocket wrote:I just purchased Zebra2 and love it--easily outclasses every other synth I own or demoed.
I'm also digging these randomization scripts. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to modify the arp script so that it only returns values for notes in the key (e.g. 0,2,4,5,7,9,11,12 for major). Here's the relevant part of the script:

{
}

I don't know much about scripting (outside video games) if anyone knows how to do an 'or' function I could probably figure it out. (or maybe a way to exclude the unwanted values from the random function?)
Urs made a website that lets you generate arp scales: http://www.u-he.net/scripting/Arprestrictor.php.

With that said, a KVR user named billstei did some serious work on scripting at http://www.hbci.com/~billstei/pub/zebra2/DeltaPatches/. You might find the answer to your scripting trick in one of those scripts. Or maybe Urs will pop on too now that he's starting to recover from the ACE launch. ;)

bmrzycki wrote:now that he's starting to recover from the ACE launch. ;)
It feels like still in the middle. Answering emails takes up 8 hours a day.

PetRocket wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to modify the arp script so that it only returns values for notes in the key (e.g. 0,2,4,5,7,9,11,12 for major). Here's the relevant part of the script:

{
}
I think this will do it (unless I screwed up something).

int pitchClass[8] = {0, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12};
int sign;

{
    sign = rand(0,1);
    if (sign == 0) sign = -1;
    VoiceCircuit.Parameter[ 25 + i * 7 ] = pitchClass[rand(0,7)] * sign;
}
Also, http://www.u-he.net/scripting/?page_id=3#comment-6
Most people wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass. –FZ

int pitchClass[8] = {0, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12};
int sign;

{
    sign = rand(0,1);
    if (sign == 0) sign = -1;
    VoiceCircuit.Parameter[ 25 + i * 7 ] = pitchClass[rand(0,7)] * sign;
}
I think you got bitten by HTML there. I think the for loop should have < and not < as in:

Return to “u-he”