Twin Engined Verb - in CMMag, Feb 2011

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I figure if I'd realeased HybridReverb2 then I'd be more worried about supporting wavelab and soundforge as that seems to be taking a much more scientific approach, which whilst not innapropriate for a daw would certainly suit the environments of these editors.

I only really know WL SF et al from 8-10 years ago when they were definitely editors, albeit flexible and powerful, but even at that stage less creatively intuitive and usefull (for me at least) than cubase (and the myriad creatively tailored hosts since)

so, to recap : a version that works for C5, and most other things and just need to batter wl into submission if at all possible ... would be interesting to see some stats for how people use SF and WL, but then I doubt that'll ever happen ;)

btw: "Somewhere warm and moist in France" sounds nice - at the bottom of a recently vacated glass of Brandy perhaps ? :D
whiteLABEL - now set free : whiteLABEL ||

Haven't read right through your thread Daz, but another FL thing that has caused issues with my plugs over the years is an option "reset plugin on stop" it can cause problems, and so I generally ask people to disable it. Might not be related, but worth knowing.

:) thanks andy - that's good to know - fixed this one with "outputs as stereo pairs" in export dialog - I think maybe FL doesn't like multi-channel outputs for a stereo plugin - like say, cantabile does ...

now ... cubase 5 ... does it perform more "advanced" hand-holding when it comes to vst plugins d'yaknow ? like "a plugin with this idcode has changed so I'm ignoring it for securing" or summats ?

fred - have you tried removing all version of the dll except 1.0.1.8 - is there a feature to purge the plugin information that lets you start with 1.0.1.8 as if C5 has never seen it yet ?

hmmmmmmmm

Cubase 5 I'm not sure, I refused to give them any more money after the SX3 abandonment fiasco, but I guess I'm over that now, so will probably upgrade at some point :) I haven't read what your prob with C5 is, but I haven't had any C5 problems reported on my stuff as yet.

Looks a very nice plug btw Daz, I need to carve some time to look through all the entries, there are so many...

i'm stupid busy all round - had time to download and install other entries, but not to do any serious playing yet, but then I figure there's a month pretty much, for voting, so once I've done me best with TEV I'll get down to it :D

I'm really eager to take HybridReverb2 for a spin ... its well out of my league in terms of dsp / coding :shrug:

daz.diamond wrote: ...

fred - have you tried removing all version of the dll except 1.0.1.8 - is there a feature to purge the plugin information that lets you start with 1.0.1.8 as if C5 has never seen it yet ?

hmmmmmmmm
Hi Daz,

I did have all three present in the plugins folder so your suggestion was worth a try. I took all TEVs out of the plugins folder, started C5, closed C5 (which effectively made it forget about TEV) and then reinstalled only .8 and restarted C5. Results - Hooray, it works! C5 sees .8 and it runs fine. In WL6 it still acts as before, but I agree with you that this is a far smaller issue for the overall user base and certainly not a high priority.

Thanks for the kind help and for the great plugin.

hooray - may it bring you enjoyment :D

there's still one tweak we can try with WL (before it becomes an ill-equipped pot-holing mission)

I'll post again later, or tomorrow ...

everything working fine in MakingMaves 5.4
except

It did crash the host (poof- gone) when I attempted changing through the presets (on returning to the last, and I assume it to be the default preset)
for entertaining porpoises only

I'm using it in FL Studio v4 without any problems, working very well. I like it, it have it's own sound as well as sounding amazing. I like that little graphic on the right that react to the sound I feed it with (not the meter but that light blue "oscillating" form), beautiful!

Excellent work!

@deaf dunderwack :: there's a problem somewhere ... haven't found it yet ... still looking - thanks :)

@SampleScience :: thanks :D - don't miss the other screens tho - click on the vertical text "Enhancer" to cycle through screens

incredibly minor update fixing a gui-glitch ... now 1.0.9.1
remove previous version before installing this one ;)
wavelab test .dll on the way ...

Great plug, thnks! Works nicely in Renoise 2.1

Edit: am I right that some parameters can't be automated? For example the 3 knobs underneath the room 2 section.

:)

atm yes, that's right, although they do respond to midi (details in manual)
.... because there are so many controls (60+) I've had to cheat and use an alternative patch system to the stock SynthEdit one, otherwise it would take far too long to load - the downside is that this kills automation parameter support on these controls .... no real way around it as its a compromise at best .... individual controls could be maybe put back to the original automatable system at the expense of added load-time, but in the mean time would be best to use midi instead ...

glad you like it richard :D

daz.diamond wrote:
tommy_d wrote:When I load the "Plan B" .fxb (the one where all the preset names are Roman numerals) in Reaper version 2pointsomethingorother, none of them seem to do anything(?)
hmmmm ... not sure. seems to run here in 3.whatever.

plan B bank as exported from reaper - might that work ?
Yep, works fine. Thank you :D

(...)

I'm really enjoying this plug-in, it's capable of some awe-inspiring sounds.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”