SPL Passeq

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Passeq SPL Passeq

I'm surprised no one's posted about this yet. From my demo experience this thing is just amazing for boosting the hi freq and adding some air. Very smooth!
You are currently reading my signature.

Yes, it's a pretty good recreation of a passive equalizer with most of its characteristics and 'tone/behavior'. The character is too pronounced for my taste though but if it didn't use iLok protection I'd buy it for sure anyways (it's the best 'character' equalizer I've heard outside Nebula... ah, yeah, well, how could I forget SonEQ :) ).

Cheers

Been using this the past few days and am fairly impressed with it.
Pro Audio Sales / Sound Designer

MixDSP.net

I like the sound of their analog code stuff but the useability of their plugins prevents me from getting any of these. (except for the transient designer because it has so simple controls that the useability doesn't matter)

Have they improved anything in the passeq ?

I'm surprised nobody on the wicked wide web has mentioned that it looks like a pair of boobies ;)

Dunno about the sound, I'm too scared to demo it :o

John

audiosabre wrote:I'm surprised nobody on the wicked wide web has mentioned that it looks like a pair of boobies ;)
Someone just did. :lol:

$49 on mega-sale right now (or less with combined discounts)... could not resist!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Mercado_Negro wrote:Yes, it's a pretty good recreation of a passive equalizer with most of its characteristics and 'tone/behavior'. The character is too pronounced for my taste though but if it didn't use iLok protection I'd buy it for sure anyways (it's the best 'character' equalizer I've heard outside Nebula... ah, yeah, well, how could I forget SonEQ :) ).

Cheers
And now ... Slate Custom Series

I've wanted Passeq for some time now, too... but no way at $250, and can W8 on SL8.

djanthonyw wrote:I'm surprised no one's posted about this yet. From my demo experience this thing is just amazing for boosting the hi freq and adding some air. Very smooth!

i have! posted about it many times in the past but never got much traction.

It's very nice for highs indeed. The curves are smooth and give gentle air which works really well on many sounds:)

That said i think the standard price is pretty nuts and it's only really worth it on the $99 sales.

I mean EQ land has fierce competition these days. And sonimus EQ also does wonderful hi's and is very cheap.

I also recommend you try out vertigo, i get consistently good compression in my mixes with it. Another topic i started that didn't get any answers LOL.

TheoM wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:I'm surprised no one's posted about this yet. From my demo experience this thing is just amazing for boosting the hi freq and adding some air. Very smooth!

Maybe his time machine was broken that day. I hear there was a shortage of flux capacitors in 2010.

Gamma-UT wrote:
TheoM wrote:
Maybe his time machine was broken that day. I hear there was a shortage of flux capacitors in 2010.
Probably my fault for reviving the original thread, but everyone here can read letters and numbers, right?

I'd say certainly not even worth $99 (or $49, for that matter)... though at about 40 USD each for Passeq, Museq and bx_opto (especially after getting the pedal version for free), I could grit my teeth and push the button.

40 is a very good deal. Already having the NI/Softube Pasive eq though it seems a bit difficult to justify

Yeah, Passeq was probably third for me after Museq and bx_opto.

But, getting all of them together put it right at $49 for the comp upgrade, $36.75 each for the EQs.

I wrote in another post that I just went into the PA store to look and came out like a girl from a shoe store.

We have the NI Passive, too (actually the Premium Tube, Vintage Comp and SSL bundles).

I think the SPL will fit in somewhere for this price.

We also grabbed the SPL EQ Rangers around Easter for a ridiculous $19.

If they've had other "mega-sales" like these, I missed them (well, other than getting all three of their transient Micro Plugs for less than $30 by using the same $50 voucher on each one).

I'll be following for more.

Do people simply not try to use this for parallel (cut + boost with different shapes) EQ? It's really set up for that, much like a Pultec with added mid-band.

Return to “Effects”