Drum Samples from Genesis' Studio The Farm & Nick Davis

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finalizing some fantastic drum kits in the style of Phil Collins and Genesis. They were recorded at The Farm which is Genesis' own studio that has a stone wall room with a very distinct LARGE kick, snare and tom sound. We're first releasing them in Kontakt/Infinite Player and then they'll be in other formats.

I just finished co-producing an album with Phil Collins' son Simon. It's a progressive rock/pop album coming out some time early next year. We also sampled the Premier and Gretsch kits we used on the album which also sound fantastic. A bit like classic Genesis meets Porcupine Tree or something modern and harder edged. Anyway, if you're into classic rock, alt rock and good old progressive rock I have a music page now on Facebook you can check out with videos, images and audio clips.

http://www.facebook.com/squidsink

I used a lot of Sonik Synth, SampleTank, Miroslav, Serafine FX Tron and some Cinema Sessions on the album. Might share some examples soon!

Squids wrote:Finalizing some fantastic drum kits in the style of Phil Collins and Genesis. They were recorded at The Farm which is Genesis' own studio that has a stone wall room with a very distinct LARGE kick, snare and tom sound. We're first releasing them in Kontakt/Infinite Player and then they'll be in other formats.

I just finished co-producing an album with Phil Collins' son Simon. It's a progressive rock/pop album coming out some time early next year. We also sampled the Premier and Gretsch kits we used on the album which also sound fantastic. A bit like classic Genesis meets Porcupine Tree or something modern and harder edged. Anyway, if you're into classic rock, alt rock and good old progressive rock I have a music page now on Facebook you can check out with videos, images and audio clips.

http://www.facebook.com/squidsink

I used a lot of Sonik Synth, SampleTank, Miroslav, Serafine FX Tron and some Cinema Sessions on the album. Might share some examples soon!
Please, please stop releasing these kinds of drum kits immediately!!! I'm on a tight budget and you already know that drum kits are one of my weaknesses! :cry:

Sorry!!!! Haha. We've been working on these for awhile and I have them here already. Really good stuff!

I will definitely order this album (I love prog!!!). And I know you have some serious chops even when you're not finger drumming! :)

It must be a great feeling to complete an album using many of the tools you've created ... plus a few classic keyboards too.

Part of the reason Sonic Reality sounds are what they are is because many of them are the sounds that'd fill different roles in songwriting and production how many of us see it. For me, over the years I've been around studios and producers or session musicians with incredible rigs and thought "wouldn't it be great if anyone could have all of this available to them regardless of their recording budget?" So, that was a major part of the vision. To provide that as much as possible in terms of recreating studio recorded instruments from drums to vintage keyboards to guitars, bass, world instruments, choirs and orchestras. So even if you really had virtually no budget to go into a recording studio you could still make something in your DAW that sounded like you did.

But, in a case like this where there was a budget to record an album in the studio and it is a band made up of great players the software tools are used to fill the gaps. So, for instance, Simon is a drummer (and really great too like Phil back in the day!) so we recorded a live kit on it (no drum sequencing even though we have tons of that available if needed). I LOVE to program drums that sound like the real thing. But as a producer I love even more to record a great drummer live on a kit. So with that covered I would turn to samples for vintage keys if I didn't have the real thing with me when I was in another country. Plus even when I do have the real thing with me sometimes it is just more under control to use the samples.

Can't wait for these to be in BFD format, hit me up for testing Dave. All the best.

Ash
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX
www.mixititb.com | www.seattleunderground.co.uk
Sound Engineer/Producer/Musician/Audio and Media Content Creator

Were these samples ever released in a product? I have been looking around and don't see anything.

no.

Any chance these could be released for Superior Drummer?

That'd open up a whole new market segment for you guys, I think (plus it would allow me to use them with my favorite drum sampler, too!) ;)
Last edited by paveloso on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bummer! They're not available in any form then?

That was only 2 1/2 years ago. Give it time. :roll:

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”