Big Rock bugs

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought Big Rock yesterday, love the sound! However there are a few issues that Artsacoustic should be aware of (didn't see them mentioned by quick look in the forum).

I'm on Macbook Pro i7

1. I couldn't get the license accepted when loading the AU in Ableton Live. No matter how much I tried copying the license to clipboard the AU just didn't accept it and kept nagging about copying the license to clipboard. Eventually Live crashed. Then I started the VST version and the plug-in was automatically registered since I had the license on the clipboard.

2. I get some loud noise bursts quite often when stopping the playback in Ableton Live. Quite annoying and not nice for my old ears ;)

Otherwise the plug-in roxx!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

I'm getting the same stopping/starting noise bursts too (in NI Maschine).

I'm also having an issue (again in Maschine) with the AU version not passing audio, the VST works fine.

As an aside, is there any news on progress with 64bit versions? Are you planning on releasing 64 bit of AU or VST or both on the Mac side of things?

Many thanks,

Alan

Would be good if someone from AA could comment on these issues.

Many thanks in advance! :)

Hello,

sorry for the late reply.

Actually we have near final version finished and there is just one nasty bug remaining. As soon as this is fixed the updates will be released.

I have yet not been able to test NI Machine myself therefore I cannot give any feedback about the AU issues you reported.
Kind regards, alexander at artsacoustic.com

Alex I've had strange bugs as well. Though different from the fellers above.

Sometimes, running two instances causes nasty noise, and renders them both in-operable.

The same nasty noise happens when FM7 and Big Rock are run together. If I then close Big Rock and FM7 and reopen BR it will still make that noise and be in-operable.

I need to restart the DAW in order to be able to use BR again.

Happens in Chainer, Nuendo 3 and 4.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

alex at artsacoustic.com wrote:Hello,

sorry for the late reply.

Actually we have near final version finished and there is just one nasty bug remaining. As soon as this is fixed the updates will be released.

I have yet not been able to test NI Machine myself therefore I cannot give any feedback about the AU issues you reported.
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply... I also replied to your PM. ;)

Cheers,

Alan

HunterKiller wrote:Sometimes, running two instances causes nasty noise, and renders them both in-operable.

The same nasty noise happens when FM7 and Big Rock are run together. If I then close Big Rock and FM7 and reopen BR it will still make that noise and be in-operable.

I need to restart the DAW in order to be able to use BR again.
This is almost certainly a multi-CPU issue. Try restricting your host to use a single CPU and see if you can make the problem happen. My experience tells me this will fix the bug.

Also, anyone experiencing this problem should post their CPU type. It may help the developer track things down.

Good luck!
Dax Liniere - producer | mixer | engineer - London

Return to “Arts Acoustic”