Zebra 2.5.1 is out!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tetsuneko wrote:After scoring some time off from work (fractured shoulder..) I'll finally have a chance to sit down with the new version. Messing with the new FX params will be sweet - hopefully I'll be able to dial in some seriously CZ'y tones with Zebra now :)

Cheers
Hehe, indeed!

You can't properly do the resonance waveforms yet, but you can sure do some nice emulations of the first 5 waveforms, mostly aliasing free.

Have you found the presets that I posted somewhere once? I did examples of the first 5 CZ waveforms... would have to dig them out...

Urs wrote:
tetsuneko wrote:After scoring some time off from work (fractured shoulder..) I'll finally have a chance to sit down with the new version. Messing with the new FX params will be sweet - hopefully I'll be able to dial in some seriously CZ'y tones with Zebra now :)

Cheers
Hehe, indeed!

You can't properly do the resonance waveforms yet, but you can sure do some nice emulations of the first 5 waveforms, mostly aliasing free.

Have you found the presets that I posted somewhere once? I did examples of the first 5 CZ waveforms... would have to dig them out...
I still have the Phase Dist example presets. I could upload them if you don't mind.

Cheers
Dennis

Yes, please do!

Urs wrote:Yes, please do!
Here you go! http://www.bronto-scorpio-music.com/Dow ... seDist.zip :)

Cheers
Dennis

Urs wrote:Yes, please do!
You can find them in your original post about the feature from a few months back:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=300283

EDIT: I'll also add them to the patchlib now that the feature has been released. :)

Two buggy things I've discovered!
(Win7 64-bit, FL Studio 10, Zebra 2.5.2 x64)

1. Geo and Spectro blend osc modes: You can duplicate the wave forward (i.e. duplicating from say, wave 5 to 6) , but you can't duplicate backwards (i.e. 5 to 3). It simply doesn't work.

2. Undo works, but when I hit the redo arrow, 80% of the time it corrupts the plugin from the start and 100% of the time from the 2nd or 3rd click.

I get something like this:

http://www.box.net/shared/9bbajj4rg2ncpfi7efgx

One extra thing :D ...
FMO: After switching to "filtered FM", a slightly undesirable click appears when playing notes, is this normal?

3ee wrote:Two buggy things I've discovered!

1. Geo and Spectro blend osc modes: You can duplicate the wave forward (i.e. duplicating from say, wave 5 to 6) , but you can't duplicate backwards (i.e. 5 to 3). It simply doesn't work.

2. Undo works, but when I hit the redo arrow, 80% of the time it corrupts the plugin from the start and 100% of the time from the 2nd or 3rd click.

I get something like this:

http://www.box.net/shared/9bbajj4rg2ncpfi7efgx

One extra thing :D ...
FMO: After switching to "filtered FM", a slightly undesirable click appears when playing notes, is this normal?
use the 32bit version of zebra. it causes less bugs , it needs no 64bit bridge. the 64bit makes the sound not better :)
i use fl studio on win7 64bit only with 32bit plugs and this is very stable.

3ee wrote:Two buggy things I've discovered!
Why do you use Zebra x64 in FL Studio, a 32-bit host?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Why do you use Zebra x64 in FL Studio, a 32-bit host?
Hmm... don't really know, I thought that having it in 64 bits will work better because of the fl bridge opening the plugin in a separate process, but noticed it's the other way around + the 32bit version of the plugins are detected as different plugins making my templates and past projects "uncompatible"

Getting sick of FL Studio's bugs and IL's way of working thing out! :x ... but I guess that all DAWs have flaws :D ... except Reason :D

I recently downloaded the Zebra 2 demo and it is awesome to the most. The engine gives fantastic sound.
So I am now thinking of getting for sure and I was wondering how many presets comes with the full install? Are there more than with the damo, and if not, where are the really best presets out there?

Looking forward to being part of Zebra2 community for sure.

Lil Big Head wrote:I recently downloaded the Zebra 2 demo and it is awesome to the most. The engine gives fantastic sound.
So I am now thinking of getting for sure and I was wondering how many presets comes with the full install? Are there more than with the damo, and if not, where are the really best presets out there?

Looking forward to being part of Zebra2 community for sure.
The Demo install is identical to the full product, presets and all. The only difference is it doesn't go out of tune after a while.

There are so many free banks, you can start exploring here:
http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/zebra.html

And several renowned sound designers have created commercial presets here:
http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/commercial.html

You can even try out all these patches with the demo version of Zebra!

Thank you bmrzycki,

I was just playing with the demo again even with out-of-tune. Great sounds for sure. Can't wait to buy!

bmrzycki, I checked out some of the free presets from your link.
One question tho please.
I downloaded one of the banks and it contained a folder of only .fxp presets.

There were no .fxb (bank) files so Zebra could only load one preset at a time.
Would I have to save each one separately into Zebra after creating my own folder to put them in?

There were about 70 presets that I would have to load individually.
Thanks

3ee wrote:but I guess that all DAWs have flaws :D ... except Reason :D[/size]
Ehm... Reason has one big flaw, in that it doesn't support VSTs at all :D That's not really "reasonable" thinking in today's world. :)

Lil Big Head wrote:bmrzycki, I checked out some of the free presets from your link.
One question tho please.
I downloaded one of the banks and it contained a folder of only .fxp presets.

There were no .fxb (bank) files so Zebra could only load one preset at a time.
Would I have to save each one separately into Zebra after creating my own folder to put them in?

There were about 70 presets that I would have to load individually.
Thanks
Zebra (and all other u-he products) default to their own preset format with the extension .h2p. It's one sound per file and yes, you have to manage the file/folder layout of those sounds yourself.

Return to “u-he”