aerophone presets with realistic sound?

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

new to xoxos forum I'm actually searching for realistic sounding brass instruments for some jazzy influenced music, in particular trombone and trumpet. (I do know and like DSK Brass, especially it's instability ;-) )

So I came across the "aerophone" plugin, which looks very promising, although the given presets did not fully satisfy my requirements. First attempts in configuring were not really successful, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyway, does anybody have some approved presets (e.g. fxp-files) and can publish them? That would be great. It notably should sound realistic!

'til soon.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

that plugin is kind of a nightmare. there are some things i could do to improve it (i fixed the main tracking issue but would have to rebuild from the ground up) and other things i am still waiting to solve.

the few times i've used it (the 'salve' demo) i stick to the presets. the first issue is that due to the mass-spring used for the lips you have about an octave or so playable range in a patch before it starts to break up.

you can automate one parameter or another to chase it as you go around the scale. i wouldn't be too ambitious about it.. and generally phrasing in jazz is ambitious scalewise.. :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

..further explanation is necessitated.. :hihi:

here's a nice demo made for it by hienergy -
http://www.xoxos.net/vst/mp3/aerophon-mozart-4.mp3

i think i chose not to use it because of my own criticism of the model.. the wavering tone on low notes is a bit comical, the valve clicks are karplus-strongy..

just about my main goal with making vst is to translate jusius smith's models for the korg z1 into software ("it's so simple.. everyone could use them.. they would be so educational and improve music making for everyone..")

..buuut i'm not julius smith, and i still have no clue about how many of the things he accomplished were done, especially since the models have a particular sound i am extremely fond of. tbh i think the lack of any software release on korg's part is good enough reason to condemn the entire human race as useless bastards.

with aerophone i was pushing due to ambition, got somewhere enough to be prideful enough to take it to release, but not far enough for it to really have much practical value. so "it is what it is".

oh yes - i actually did rebuild this about four or five months ago. i can tune the lip model now, so it doesn't break up with playing, i can add a simple bell model, but for all of that, most of the time it still sounds like a sawtooth wave and would require a complex filtering model to emulate the valves for each note. and that is far, far beyond what i can accomplish with a pair of headphones and a laptop and samples and sketches of trumpets off youtube.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hi xoxos,

thank you for your detailled reply. I got a glance on the complexity and perceived your reply a bit as a discourage using aerophone for realistic brass sounds. And no one else seem to have presets for that. Anyway, keep on experimenting. You're providing really interesting software.

BTW: There are many sticky topics in this forum so new entries might be overlooked.
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

Return to “xoxos”