Wavetable Synthesis in MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there...

Since we discussed this topic in the Galbanum thread, I always ask myself, if it is possible to fake some kind of wavescanning synthesis in the MUX...it is...

This is a little demo from a short try to fake this typical sound...nothing perfect but one can imagine, what it shall be:

http://soundcloud.com/trancit01/wavescan1demo

The pad sound at the beginning (playing through the complete demo) is nothing but modulated Oscillators playing different waveforms in a rythmical order, controlled by a few supermodulators...
Please note, this is not a sequenced sound, I am just holding chords, the complete movement in the sound comes from the oscillator section...

Very nice!!
When can we have the patch? :)

My own attempt was much more humble compared to this (instruments/pads/wavetable)

love the demo and the sounds :love:

very curious to see how you made it....
:roll:

Not that the following is useful at this very moment, but i just want to let you guys know that i followed this and the galbanum topic with great interest, and i've added worked out notes on the WL about creating a real wavetable osc (or extending the current osc with such feature).

mutools wrote:Not that the following is useful at this very moment, but i just want to let you guys know that i followed this and the galbanum topic with great interest, and i've added worked out notes on the WL about creating a real wavetable osc (or extending the current osc with such feature).

That would be very great indeed, just because my way I tried is a pain in the arse to setup for new sounds... :hihi:

BTW, is there any way to have something like a random modulator as an LFO or similar???

Modulation Generators -> Wobble Generator

Is it that what you're looking for?

mutools wrote:Modulation Generators -> Wobble Generator

This is great, i use it a lot for random percussion pitch modulation!
and i've added worked out notes on the WL about creating a real wavetable osc (or extending the current osc with such feature)
I'd like to have both. I.e. a real wavetable OSC plus the current one wich already sounds great !

Juan Mendoza wrote: I'd like to have both. I.e. a real wavetable OSC plus the current one wich already sounds great !
Believe me, you don't want to have it... :hihi:

I just looked at the pad sound "Wavetable" and had to laugh... in german we say:

"Zwei Dumme, ein Gedanke"

Andreas, you understand me... :hihi:
(to all the non german speakers: it means something like: 2 silly person but had the same (good) idea)

The only difference I made, is that I put the Osc, with their balance controls complete serial:

OSC1: Balancer1 Input 1
OSC2: Balancer1 Input 2
Balancer1 Output: Balancer2 Input 1
OSC3: Balancer2 Input2
Balancer2 Output: Balancer3 Input 1
OSC4: Balancer3 Input2

All Balance controls are mapped to individual Supermodulators...
The pain in the arse is to set up the Supermodulators...

The problem is:

a) it is not tempo syncable... especially for filter modulations is tempo sync a must have

b) if I turn the amplitude down I don't get any "sharp" modulation anymore... it turns into something like "wuuuaaaa" ...like an envelope with a slower attack...
btw, a problem I have with many modulation sources in the mux... either they tend to start clicking (like the Supermodulator) or they seem to have something like a slow attack

Trancit wrote:

The problem is:

a) it is not tempo syncable... especially for filter modulations is tempo sync a must have
I thought you said 'random'?
btw, a problem I have with many modulation sources in the mux... either they tend to start clicking (like the Supermodulator) or they seem to have something like a slow attack
Can you send me a concrete example pls. Thx.

mutools wrote:
Trancit wrote:

The problem is:

I thought you said 'random'?
Random values...tempo syncable timing!!!8)
mutools wrote:
Can you send me a concrete example pls. Thx.

Will prepare some...stay tuned 8)

Trancit wrote: Will prepare some...stay tuned 8)
Check email!!!

Well received, thanks.

Return to “MUTOOLS”