Diva 1.1 Bug Collection

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm getting no audio, randomly, when switching between patches, and even once when tweaking knobs. It just started happening for the last few days.
I did add a new synth recently, but I don't think that would cause a problem with only having one instance of Diva, and nothing else going.
No crashes, just no audio, then reloading, still no audio.
Quiting Live, then re-opening...still no audio. I have to restart the computer to get audio again. A few more frequent crashes have been happening too.
Simply put, it's really very unstable on my system at the moment.
I do have a couple of crash reports, but the audio dropouts do not cause crashes.
I'm on a macbookpro 2.88ghz, mac os 10.6.8, in Ableton Live 8.2.7, 4gb ram, with an axiom25 and wacom tablet connected.
The audio dropouts are happening very frequently, and it's impossible for me to work on sounds atm.
I'm gonna try a fresh install. This version is the latest rev though.

mcnoone wrote:The audio dropouts are happening very frequently, and it's impossible for me to work on sounds atm.
Could you send me an email including your crash reports and current revision number?

I'll reply with a new version you might try.

Sorry to hear about these instabilities...
- Clemens

Diva has bugs? Blasphemy!

cheppner wrote:Could you send me an email including your crash reports and current revision number?
- Clemens
Yes, I will try to get those to you today.
It is the latest rev.
I forgot to mention, I'm only using the VST in Live.
That is all I use atm.
I haven't tried AU or other daws.

cheppner wrote:Could you send me an email including your crash reports and current revision number?
Okay I just mailed 4 reports in a zip, along with details in the email.
I forgot to state that I'm using the VST in Live 8.2.7 only.
I haven't used it in any other daw since the troubles started, and only have been using the vst version since, as well.

edit:I just updated Live to 8.3.3, so hopefully it will help. I'll try it now, w/t that beta.
Thanks.

edit2:
The Diva beta =fail here.
Both AU and VST open only as a completely white gui.

Hey there. I had some no sound after multiple instance DIVA cpu spike bug but i can live with that

However,

in logic 9.1.7 midi learn function of DIVA doesnt work properly.
for example if i midi learn cutoff to my midi controllers fader from DIVA's midi learn function and try to record it live with write mode in "latch",
it only writes midi data to midi region, not arrange screens track..

but if i go to view/controls pane from the plugin window and find cutoff there and cmd+L it, then record, its fine..
its also okay writing automation to track's with mouse from plugin GUI but,

midi learn function needs a little love. :hihi:

cheers

cheppner wrote:
mcnoone wrote:The audio dropouts are happening very frequently, and it's impossible for me to work on sounds atm.
Could you send me an email including your crash reports and current revision number?

I'll reply with a new version you might try.

Sorry to hear about these instabilities...
- Clemens
Clemens.
These crashes and audio dropouts, have been fixed.
Just updated Ableton Live from 8.2.7 to 8.3.3 and I've had no problems so far after about 6 hours of use.

edit: After all that. I used it for about 4 hours so far today, and it happened again.
Audio drops out, then going to the Live menu to quit, or do anything in the menu there is frozen, then it crashes out.
:cry:
edit:
I forgot to add. I had no crashes or audio dropouts before the last major update was released. These problems are only with the latest rev. Not the 1.0v but 1.1 only.

edit: I've been using only the AU now for 2 days, and not one crash or any audio dropouts. So the AU is working with no problems.
I just don't like using the AU as the menu windows don't work correctly on my system. They always pop up at the top of the list, and never where the selection is already at. Urs said this was a mac cocoa ui problem.
The vst doesn't have that problem.

Diva 1.1 r674

Possible issue: Diva doesn't show patches marked as favorites (the old ones)
"the old ones" means that it shows what I mark now, but doesn't show all of the other ones that I've marked some time ago.

I've almost finished marking every favorite patch within the factory bank some time ago and now it's gone... but Favourites.db.txt shows the fav patches there.

Noticed this few days ago but didn't checked the Favourites.db.txt file.
This must have happened after switching to r674 any ideas?

Hello Everybody,

We seem to have fixed the worst problem with silent Divas in larger projects. There will soon be a public Beta to check which other problems still remain.

@ 3ee:
Can you send me your favourites file so I can check what causes this behaviour?

I'll give you an update ASAP :-)

Thanks for reporting the bugs!!
- Clemens

cheppner wrote:@ 3ee:
PMd, thanks! :)

3ee wrote:
cheppner wrote:@ 3ee:
PMd, thanks! :)
And back!

Somehow there appeared to be carriage-retugn characters in there where they don't belong... this happens easily when the file is saved from within a windows editor app!

I sent you a fixed file via PM :-)

Cheers,
- Clemens

MIDI learn for for the previous/next preset buttons does not work (no entry shows up in the com.u-he.Diva.midiassign.txt) with Diva 1.1 (r674).

Hello Everybody,

This weekend we released Diva 1.1.1 for the public beta. I hope that all problems are solved!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=357265

Cheers,
- Clemens

cheppner wrote:Hello Everybody,

This weekend we released Diva 1.1.1 for the public beta. I hope that all problems are solved!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=357265

Cheers,
- Clemens
I really hope so too. Nevertheless, perhaps it's a good idea to start a new thread for the theoretical possibility that some bugs may be present in v1.1.1? ;)

C-he ers! ;)

Hi Everybody,

Just to say that the latest DIVA beta 1.1.1 rev871 does not fix the audiostop bug in ableton.

I'm having the same issues of audio that stops when switching between presets in DIVA, it even happens when switching modules in DIVA...
I get audio playback back again when i switch the cpu button in Live off and on...

Osx 10.7.4, Live 8.3

Cheers
Vinz

Return to “u-he”