Logic 9 extremely sluggish with UVI Workstation?

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just purchased "The Old Black Grand' from Acoustic Samples and was wondering if anybody here was having the same kind of problems I am. I'm finding that the UVI Workstation is making logic very sluggish almost to the point where it's really getting in the way of my workflow:( It seems to be the UVI because as soon as I run a project with it off everything is fine.

I wouldn't normally have considered purchasing a sample set for the UVI but I thought that the 'Old Black Grand' was also for Kontakt (my bad). I'm a little disgruntled by the fact that once again a developer has taken away the option of using a tried and tested product like Kontakt in preference of their own (not so tried and tested) sample player.

I was thinking of purchasing the Kawai EX but if this problem continues and there's no work around or solution (in the form an update) then that's definitely a no go.

Right now I can't say I would recommend Acoustic Samples as I still didn't get any feedback from the developer with regards to my last email and the UVi Workstation still seems to be a work in progress as far as being compatible with Logic goes.

Anyone else have the same problems?

Hi,

UVI workstation has been tested A LOT with Logic pro, can you tell me which version (Logic and UVI) you are using?

Did you try in standalone?

What are your computer specs? because using the FULL version (all 3 microphone positions at the same time can be a little hard on ram and hard drive) so if you are using the full piano plus some other VIs and don't have enough ram, your computer will choke.

Also, just a reminder, UVI workstation is not really our own player... it's the player derived from MachFive 3 and i'm sorry that you're having troubles with it, but your issue might be related to something else than just the player itself.

Best,

thysm00 wrote:Hi,

UVI workstation has been tested A LOT with Logic pro, can you tell me which version (Logic and UVI) you are using?

Did you try in standalone?

What are your computer specs? because using the FULL version (all 3 microphone positions at the same time can be a little hard on ram and hard drive) so if you are using the full piano plus some other VIs and don't have enough ram, your computer will choke.

Also, just a reminder, UVI workstation is not really our own player... it's the player derived from MachFive 3 and i'm sorry that you're having troubles with it, but your issue might be related to something else than just the player itself.

Best,
Hi there... thanks for the reply:)

iMac 2.93 GHz i7 QuadCore with 8GB RAM OSX 10.6.8

Logic Pro 9.1.7 in 64bit mode

The UVI is version 2.0.6

I use a lot of Kontakt libraries (Pianos/Bass/Strings/Brass/Drums etc) and never have problems with RAM... The project I am working on only has the UVI workstation with the full version of 'The Old Black Grand' and the Rhodes as well as one instance of Kontakt 5 with just one midi channel of drums... That's it! When I swop out the UVI instruments with Kontakt equivalents I'm back up to normal speed.
Standalone is not an option.
I don't really think I can use the piano in it's present state and that would be really uncool... any way of getting a Kontakt version? Otherwise it's money out the window:( Or could I exchange it for the Kontakt version of the Kawai EX (if there still is one).... I'm kinda angry at myself for not checking that it was UVI only. DUH!
Very interested to see if we can solve this Logic thing...

We will fix that don't worry, i myself work exclusively in logic and never had any problem.

Can we finish this by email? i just sent you one.

thysm00 wrote:We will fix that don't worry, i myself work exclusively in logic and never had any problem.

Can we finish this by email? i just sent you one.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”