Arturia Minilab, Analog Lab. Yes or No?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
bharris22 wrote:I decided to go for the $19 purchase as a Father's Day present for myself
Nice one :tu: But there is about 30 days to choose from or so, a bit like having a drink anytime of the day under the pretense of it being "5 o'clock somewhere" :D
Good to know for future impulse purchases :).

Ordered the upgrade Thursday... didn't even get a confirmation email. Started a support ticket thursday night, still no reply. Nothing.

(also checked the spam folder by the way in case someones gonna say that)

Got it started by first assigning the license in eLicenser BEFORE starting Analog Lab. This is contrary to what the instructions state . . . .

Some companies shoot themselves in the foot with the way they do customer support.

Others, unfortunately, shoot themselves in the head.

Arturia Minilab, Analog Lab. Yes or No?[/code]
No

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

bharris22 wrote:Got it started by first assigning the license in eLicenser BEFORE starting Analog Lab. This is contrary to what the instructions state . . . .
That's what worked for me too. Had the blank screen on loading but once activated outside the DAW all running fine since (Cubase6/Win7)

I gotta put my vote for "no" too. I own the Player keyboard and software, which I actually really enjoy. I know it has its detractors, mainly due to the limited editing, but for quickly dialing up a needed sound, it works great. There's plenty of other software I can use when I want to spend my day tweaking ;)

Anyways, so when I got the deal offer for AL, I was super excited. It seemed like it would be like the Player, only better. I faced the same problems a lot of people did (link to buy not working, then blank e-mails when I did buy). When I did finally get it working, I was so disappointed. It crashes *constantly*, the CPU usage is MUCH higher than the Player software. Almost to the point of unusable. Many of the additional sounds seem like wonky filler. In the first couple days, they even released it without a manual. Customer Service has been, as Arturia is famous for, pretty crappy. I had one tech support ticket closed without any notice (or reply!). I have another one still open, but they are very slow in replying and have not gotten anywhere in getting my problem fixed (which, admittedly, probably involves some programming...but it would be nice to know it is being worked on). Even for the mere $29 I paid, I feel ripped off. I feel like I should have given that money to one of the small guys either as donation for good work or for one of the amazing low priced VSTi's like Memorymoon. I would return the software, if I could. SO, no, don't buy.

BJ wrote:Ordered the upgrade Thursday... didn't even get a confirmation email. Started a support ticket thursday night, still no reply. Nothing.

Can you give me your support case number?

In Arturias defense... I purchased on Friday and got a receipt but no authorisation info, sent them a mail and got a support ticket immediately, the authorisation arrived Monday... not the fastest but something I can live with. I've never had a problem with the company and I use all their stuff for a long time so my experiences have been quite positive.

aMUSEd wrote:
C-note wrote:I like the interface better than the other lab/experience/factory analogs but I can't find the midi learn or cc mapping for controllers(My Panorama) other than Arturia...Seems like a huge omision to me
Picked one up today too with the offer. Managed to map it all to my Kore controller fine. Only thing I don't like is the knobs not moving when you turn them (they work, they just don't move, which gives poor feedback) and the fact that they chose to base it on 10 knobs which means having to move between 2 screens, all other midi controllers use 8 knobs.

i just got the latest update today which supposedly has better midi assign but I can't find it anywhere. I want to use my UC-33 to tweak the knobs. How did you get it to work with Kore, which I have too?

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
BJ wrote:Ordered the upgrade Thursday... didn't even get a confirmation email. Started a support ticket thursday night, still no reply. Nothing.

Can you give me your support case number?
Sorry I didnt see this any sooner. I eventually recieved a response late last week but I'm still not up and running with the product. I started a new ticket this week (Case 132847) and I am recieving a lot of help already. Hopefully I'll be up and running tomorrow.

And to add, in Arturia's defense on this. I do believe I would already be up and running if it wasn't for a mistake on my part with this second issue I'm having but still I think the response to these support tickets should be much faster.

Loving the Analog Lab software! Great usable sounds for a great price, IMHO. It's going to take me years to go through all these sounds.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

RLSguitar wrote:Loving the Analog Lab software! Great usable sounds for a great price, IMHO. It's going to take me years to go through all these sounds.
that's what I thought too, and why I bought it,
BUT
the behaviour of the Software and the keyboard is so unprofessional (best worst example "Panic"-Button still didn't work (allthough 1.0.4 update!) and so on)
:x

Well everything seems to be working for me now, license wise. Gonna check out the software and play around a little :D

Return to “Instruments”