LinPlug Spectral public beta for pc out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spectral

It seems there is a reverb type effect on at all time??

disregard please the above.. I figured it out.. it is a little confusing the effects to me.

I wish they'd have double click reset to default/0 position on all parameters too.

Shouldn't be. That may just be set in the patches. Right-click on the six effect switches on the lower right to toggle them on or off.

bstageboss wrote:
Igro wrote:Does anybody know how to route all oscillators to the same filter?
OK. I already found how to route Filters to just one envelope! But still don't know how to route all oscillators to one filter.
Last edited by Igro on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I agree with the additional needed filter usable for all oscillators or a option to set the filter target (so all oscillators can be routed to the same filter). I'm not sure about the filter types but it seems there are no vintage filter types (Moog ladder or stuff)

There is this oscillator blending option with an additional wave as in other synth (Spire, Z3ta)). Unison is limited to 6 voices but it's easy to use with Unison spread and stuff and sounds good.
The overall sound is IMO more "polished". Maybe this are the filters or the waveforms? It remembers me sometimes a bit to Albino.
Envelopes are quick and can be synchronized to the tempo which is a great feature.

The presets are IMO not very good (to be honest IMO they are crap). So for the release it needs a larger preset list with some more bread & butter sounds so people get an idea about the sound of this synth.

There seems to be some confusion here.

The filters are not really filters. They work directly on the wavefrom by attenuating certain harmonics. That's why there are no "moog" filters and so on, that's also why it won't be possible to route more than one osc through a filter.

You can use the oscs to built an additive waveform and then use the filters to dynamically attenuate/boost certain harmonics. That's a completely different method than subtractive synths use.

I'm sure someone will explain it better soon.

Cheers
Dennis

Not a fan of the brightness of the oscillators... seems extra crispy as if a lot of oversampling is occurring.

And there seems to currently be some sort of clicking with the default osc waveforms as if some of them are not beginning and ending at 0

VitaminD wrote:Not a fan of the brightness of the oscillators... seems extra crispy as if a lot of oversampling is occurring.
That's what you get with additive synthesis. I find it very good, personally. Gives you more material to sculpt from.

This thing can also be used as a quite nice 4OP FM synth :)

FM Test

I only tested Spectral for a few minutes now, but I really like it so far! There is a lot of potential for nice sounds and "ugly" noises (FM/PM feedback) :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

EvilDragon wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Not a fan of the brightness of the oscillators... seems extra crispy as if a lot of oversampling is occurring.
That's what you get with additive synthesis. I find it very good, personally. Gives you more material to sculpt from.
Yeah, you are right, Razor is the same.

Bronto Scorpio wrote:There seems to be some confusion here.

The filters are not really filters. They work directly on the wavefrom by attenuating certain harmonics. That's why there are no "moog" filters and so on, that's also why it won't be possible to route more than one osc through a filter.

You can use the oscs to built an additive waveform and then use the filters to dynamically attenuate/boost certain harmonics. That's a completely different method than subtractive synths use.

Cheers
Dennis

Sounds a bit like with Rayblaster, right?

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:There seems to be some confusion here.

Cheers
Dennis

Sounds a bit like with Rayblaster, right?
I have no idea about Rayblaster, but NI Razor basically works similar afaik (I never used Razor).

Cheers
Dennis

4damind wrote:
The presets are IMO not very good (to be honest IMO they are crap). So for the release it needs a larger preset list with some more bread & butter sounds so people get an idea about the sound of this synth.
That's being worked on as we speak :)
Keep in mind that the presets will be designed to showcase the strengths and unique abilities of the synth. Bread and butter stuff is easy to do, but IMHO Spectral is better used in conjunction with more 'conventional' synths doing bread and butter type sounds.

STV

(I'm kinda curious now, though: How many presets were included in the beta, BTW?)

Numanoid wrote:Note to developer: Make GUI a little less like Razor ;)
hehe
Actually I think its more a fashion thing, a sign of the times so to speak.
I've noticed a hell of a lot of wordpress themes seem to be using the same kind of colour palette.
Easy on the eyes I suppose.
The days of loud and proud are coming to an end and we are evolving into functional readable palettes that even work for color blind folk.

I must say though I really like the generous terms being offered in this demo and I hope other developers follow suit rather than watermarking with noise bursts which has become the norm in a lot of releases.

Interesting Synth for sure.

Btw. has Morphox not a similar concept?

Return to “Instruments”