Is there a way to record external audio post fader?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Or maybe another way? I sum outboard and run the final mix through outboard analog chain. I also use plugins after it gets back into the DAW. Is there a way to record real time audio coming back into the box to another audio track? I make another audio track and select the sum return audio track post fader as the input but when I hit record all audio drops out. I also tried to record the master channel(post fader) to an audio track. Doesn't work. This would be the same as setting a track to record resample in ableton. You have the "bounce in place" feature but that only works for audio that has been recorded already it seems. I don't want this. I want it to work with realtime audio coming back into the box.

So the way I have it routed is as follows: The sum return is coming in on 3/4 and that is set to go to the master channel. On the master channel I have more vsts. Mostly just a mid side EQ inflator and limiter. How do I record the output of that to another track? Basically printing the master mix.

This is also how mastering would work with a signal chain OTB as well. Cant do it. Any insight bitwig? The manual doesn't really cover recording audio it seems. That I can find anyway.

Here is a pro tools example of what im talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XSXEbfJC9A#t=242

Please explain how this is possible in bitwig.

I use a lot of outboard synths and dynamic processors as well, I hope they fix this feature. As far as I am aware, I don't understand why they have a bounce feature where you can go to custom and go to hardware and it doesnt record it in real time, I feel like that has to be a bug. As far as for the fx chains im sure your using the hardware fx router, and if that is the case, if this is just indeed a bug, the fx hardware router should work on the bounce when you go to custom and you go to post or pre (whatever you prefer) for the bounce.

Only time will tell, I hope this DAW is dedicated to the professionals who don't make dance music, and stay in a studio 300+ days a year for 12 hours at a time.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Actually no I wasn't using the hardware FX router. I'll give that a look. I was just going out on 9/10 for a mastering project and coming back into 3/4 pretty much. Not so sure the hardware FX thing would work with a summing setup though. I just need a way to record the Audio from one channel to another post FX chain in realtime. Real basic stuff but I cant seem to get it to work.

Yeah, as I said, if you click bounce, and go to custom there is something that says post fx, and currently it does not work, I think it is currently bugged tho.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Return to “Bitwig”