Anyone use Wusik synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wusik 8008

Supposedly they have a D50 sound. I'm curious for anyone who has experience with any of them. A sale still seems to be running for all of them.

A sale is always running on them.
And the 'sale price' changes according to the developers needs at that moment.
Don't be fooled by the listings, there is only one actual product at the moment, Wusik 4000.
And the beta of Wusik 8000 would be the only one worth getting, but only once it's done.
It has its own sound, but IMO never considered it to be D-50.
It's wave sequencing concept put it more in line with a Korg M-1 to me, but it's still different.
The newer Wusiks (4000/8000) seems to be headed more for an EDM market at this point; which is one of the reasons I started to lose interest in it. I realize that this might be its niche market now. Just not mine.
But as far as buying, I suggest waiting on the release of Wusik 8000 to make a more informed decision.
Otherwise, you may find the company hitting you up regularly for another $20-$50 every so often.
Making the cheap price during a 'sale' quite expensive.
And they have no real re-sale value.
I was happy to off mine at a 70% loss after having it on the market place for a few months.

If you really want these, the best deal for them is in the current auction here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=421195

arkmabat wrote:Supposedly they have a D50 sound. I'm curious for anyone who has experience with any of them. A sale still seems to be running for all of them.
It features D-50 type sounds en masse, but no direct rip from D-50

Otherwise Uncle Eric would have shut it down quickly I'm afraid. We all need to eat y'know, so gotta protect our assets ;)
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out the free Exposure lib (for Kontakt) from Art Vera: http://www.artvera-music.com/

Wusik can deliver lots of soundtypes, but IMO that will give you the sound of Wusik in a nutshell

Vera's sounds (ArtVera) IMO are the best reason to own Wusik.
And if William gets the import of them into Wusik 8000, I would revisit the idea of maybe purchasing again.
But like I said, it's best to wait for Wusik to complete that project and not jump on it as their base for 'crowd-funding'.
(Which never seems to end).
Make a bid in the auction and don't go over his usual pricing of $29.00 is my best suggestion.
And depending on your genre, I highly recommend the ArtVera sounds if you win it.

All of the Wusik SoundSets are included with Wusik 8000, also ArtVera's

Numanoid wrote:All of the Wusik SoundSets are included with Wusik 8000, also ArtVera's
I was referring to the ones you can only get from Vera.
My last version was Wusik 4000 1.0.6? which wouldn't import and those that did had 'issues'.

But there is also the problem of what is promised and supported to be reneged after the sale.
So the line up is
Eve (sold as is and 32 bit only) Value = 0
WusikStation V7 (Now sold as is and windows only) Value = ?
Wusik 4000 (which became 8000 before it was 'completed' and a call for more funds to complete and abandon it ASA 8k is released?) And truly, this is the only real product at hand, but just a call to invest in 8000; which is basically the same as 4000 with features to pay more for.
Value = TBA
I bought the Station because he said it was still being supported and worked on - only to be told later it was to be an as-is product to make way for 4000, which seems to be going through the same rhetoric leading to 8000. That is why I say to wait and see the finished product before investing into it.
'Subject to change without notice' seems to be its overall philosophy.
And I do feel a little bitten by past sales and promises with that.

Except for u-he gear, plugins is not something we buy for collectors value ;)

BTW, in the auction I bid $1.00 for the 'Wusik All Bundle' and feel it's very much worth that.
I was outbid, and the next highest bid is currently at $5.00 And it's probably worth that too, but history for me questions any higher bid as something to consider with trepidation.

Like I said, there is one product you're really getting in the bundle, so bid as if it is the only product.
But not at its current price as it drops in cycles to much cheaper regularly.

There's something about paying the price for something that will be sold for one third that price every other week that bites. But the real sting is being told something and then being told the next week they've changed their mind and plan on not following through with what they told you when you bought it.

But what you get for the money is quite a good deal, right? I mean, even the gigabytes of samples alone that you get with their synths are worth it.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:But what you get for the money is quite a good deal, right? I mean, even the gigabytes of samples alone that you get with their synths are worth it.
I don't think you can utilize the patches/sounds in other programmes than Wusik, because the sound files comes not as WAV, but a format called WusikSND

Numanoid wrote:
Nielzie wrote:But what you get for the money is quite a good deal, right? I mean, even the gigabytes of samples alone that you get with their synths are worth it.
I don't think you can utilize the patches/sounds in other programmes than Wusik, because the sound files comes not as WAV, but a format called WusikSND
I seem to remember Extreme sampler converter could convert them to other formats.

aMUSEd wrote:I seem to remember Extreme sampler converter could convert them to other formats.
That will in case mean that you need to table €39 extra to get Extreme Sample Converter, if utilizing the Wusik SoundSets in other progs than Wusik is the reason for buying Wusik

http://www.extranslator.com/index.php?page=buy&id=0

Quite as often described as 'bloated'.
Which can make it counter productive.
And one of the problems I had with the station seemed to be associated with that 'bloat'.
Sometimes it had issues finding those samples that appeared intermittent and not specific from one opening to the next. Something that was said it was being worked on until the next time of saying it wasn't really a problem to the next time of 'oh well, it is what it is' and we won't work on it anymore, so 'just buy our latest product and forget it'.

It's a product I dearly want to love.
(Kind of like a three legged stray puppy).
I will continue to say,
WAIT FOR THE COMPLETED VERSION OF 8000
to make an informed decision and buying into this.

It is only the older sounds that come as WusikSND files. Most of the newer sounds come as SFZ/WAV.

There is nothing wrong with Wusik V7, and the 4000/8000 line, well - it is too early to see yet where that will wind up.

But it is still my first choice for sound design because it can do things no other vst can.

Also, this:

http://westgatesounds.net/AnomalyVSTi/multisamples.html

The main thing to remember about any incarnation of Wusik instrument is that is entirely dependent on what you feed it. But the good part of that is you can feed it almost anything....

Return to “Instruments”