Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

turbo_kev wrote:Moss help what is going on here

https://youtu.be/mc9P5oy94yw

cheers
Kev
OK, I could reproduce both:

1) This is a Bitwig bug, which I reported to them. It happens with every midi device, might be only happening on Windows.

2) Sequencer channels were interpreted like the controller channel, which caused some chaos. Will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for reporting!

Here is the screen shot you wanted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Update day!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

# 4.01
  • New: The hardware sequencer is now split up into a separate channel, so you can use it with Bitwig as well. To make this work reinstall the Template coming with the Extension. Note that the button colors are still overwritten when you use the sequencer.
  • Fixed: Wrong name for Midi input (displayed Launchpad)
  • Fixed: (Beatstep Pro) The name of the "Control" channel of the Pro was wrong (was "Beatstep Pro").
  • Fixed: (Beatstep Pro) Sequencers channels were interpreted as controller channel, which caused some chaos
  • Fixed: (Beatstep Pro) The step buttons did not work (they do what the Shift menu does on the Beatstep)

Hello moss,
Thank you for the update..

After I installed the update (and update the template on the beatstep) the shift button is sending a midi note signal to Bitwig when I press it. It's a bit unconvenient. Have you noticed this behaviour?

sawtdk wrote:After I installed the update (and update the template on the beatstep) the shift button is sending a midi note signal to Bitwig when I press it. It's a bit unconvenient. Have you noticed this behaviour?
Sorry, but I cannot replicate that.

Tried the new extension but I noticed that the up/down function in drum sequencer mode doesn't work properly.

I'm using Bitwig's Drum machine and in drum play mode, the pads are always playing from C1 to Eb2 independently from the up/down settings. Is this a normal behaviour?

Also if I add new single drums sounds to the drum machine, the pads will be lit incorrect: a completely different pad is lit where no sound entered and the pad of the added sound isn't lit.

Im using the latest Bitwig 2.x and of course I'm using the latest Beatstep midi template.

BTW: I'm missing an on-screen notification for the (drum) part in dum sequencer mode ... but that's maybe a feature request.

E.D.L. wrote: I'm using Bitwig's Drum machine and in drum play mode, the pads are always playing from C1 to Eb2 independently from the up/down settings. Is this a normal behaviour?
Hmm, just tried that but it works fine here.

To make my life a bit easier I decided to centralise the info in one thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=502948

You can keep posting in this thread or in the new one, whichever you prefer.

Is there any update or a script for the Beatstep Pro? I am bummed I bought this thing, if there is no script. Can you send one to me, even if its not supported anymore? Thank you!
Kevin

www.myspace.com/kevinalvesakagift

Baroque, Blackhole, Lost Language, Solaris

Bestport artist: Gift

giftmusic wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:47 am Is there any update or a script for the Beatstep Pro? I am bummed I bought this thing, if there is no script. Can you send one to me, even if its not supported anymore? Thank you!
Take a look at the Generic Flexi which is part of DrivenByMoss. It allows you to map the controls and pads to whatever you want and supports modes as well. See the different videos on my Youtube channel as a start and also check the manual. Get it from http://mossgrabers.de

When i first got the the device it was able to reach f*6 on sequencer 1 and 2 by using the knobs, but now its locked at f*3 and defaults at F0, any advice??

Return to “Controller Scripting”