2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Imo there should be some customer protection that unmaintained software becomes opensource after 5 years by default

Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:44 am Imo there should be some customer protection that unmaintained software becomes opensource after 5 years by default
indeed, also hardware can be abandoned... mostly hardware, that also depends on software.... it is 'customer' battle..

a pity, that a company, and therefore its products, is/are sunk....
which also raises the question; can you ask money for it, still...

i had my eye on Kaleidoscope, opted for another -perhaps strange, because they seem quite different, but are they?- choice, also from a company, that is quite small, there is always the risk..

Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:44 am Imo there should be some customer protection that unmaintained software becomes opensource after 5 years by default
Users which will have no probs with this plugs, even after 5 years, in latest versions OS\DAWs, can be disagree. 8) Or at least I don't think they will glad such gift.

Also, i do not exclude that there are really difficult things (besides the preset's browser) that no one can digging better than the creator of the original model. Otherwise, i'm afraid we will got permanent pain in form of few different alfa versions. Moreover, being devoided of all magic. Which is sad enough.

Or for example, if stuff contain some valuable developments of the author, as patented or like that (i not strong in this), which another enterprising person can easily take advantage of, putting it on market with changed UI. What is completely unfair (in relation to both - and the author and users).

Not to mention the interests of users, who, in theory, may well sell their license, even for an unmaintained\discontinued product (and often such "rarities" become quite desirable, there are examples at marketplace, even in 32-bit form).

In general, enoughly controversial idea.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:19 pm
Users which will have no probs with this plugs, even after 5 years, in latest versions OS\DAWs, can be disagree. 8) Or at least I don't think they will glad such gift.

Also, i do not exclude that there are really difficult things (besides the preset's browser) that no one can digging better than the creator of the original model. Otherwise, i'm afraid we will got permanent pain in form of few different alfa versions. Moreover, being devoided of all magic. Which is sad enough.

Or for example, if stuff contain some valuable developments of the author, as patented or like that (i not strong in this), which another enterprising person can easily take advantage of, putting it on market with changed UI. What is completely unfair (in relation to both - and the author and users).

Not to mention the interests of users, who, in theory, may well sell their license, even for an unmaintained\discontinued product (and often such "rarities" become quite desirable, there are examples at marketplace, even in 32-bit form).

Valid points.

On the other hand i paid 350$ for software that became useless pretty quickly, and will remain useless for a while

Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:02 pm

Valid points.

On the other hand i paid 350$ for software that became useless pretty quickly, and will remain useless for a while
but on WinXP it should work fine. :wink:

Andrew Souter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:47 pm
Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:53 pm and radio silence about apple silicon has me worried
We are exploring it. Obviously it is something that must be done and it is something that will be done. No exact ETA just yet. We are heavily optimized for AVX etc on x86 so obtaining similar performance is likely not as simple as the marketing may make it seem. Nonetheless we realize it must be done.

Re Kaleidoscope timelines/updates etc. I hear you and I sympathize/empathize. I had wanted an update in 2017, and again in 2020. I think The Rolling Stones has a song about this. I hate that damn song. ;-) In other words, still working on it....
Andrew Souter (2CAudio), attentively following Kaleidoscope update here :love:

dayjob wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:47 am
Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:02 pm

Valid points.

but on WinXP it should work fine. :wink:
works fine on win10, dont know about win11 but I wont update this machine until it dies anyway

Has anyone tried this or the reverbs with Windows 11?

What's with all the drama queens here? I'm running all the 2C plugins (except Kaleido) on a new M1 in OSX.12.1 and i've had zero issues. Plugin sorting is fine and no problems saving presets. Using both Ableton and Bitwig and the plugins are completely stable.

I guess Logic, i mostly use Logic and experience was sour even before M1

Folks anyone know if Galbanum packs (for Kaleidoscope particularly) can be purchased from second hands ?
I mean sample packs this is transferable licenses ?

EDIT: -solved-
Last edited by c_voltage on Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Personally using Precedence and Breeze here on Windows 11. Just purchased them but am having issues with the plugins intermittently not saving the setting I had set in them, primarily when they are linked. Seems to save the settings of the first few instances I load.. then randomly wont save others and resort to default settings.. or a bunch of instances will inherit settings from 1 other instance. Has anyone experienced this? have sent emails to customer supports but no reply as yet.

Bubson wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:22 pm Personally using Precedence and Breeze here on Windows 11. Just purchased them but am having issues with the plugins intermittently not saving the setting I had set in them, primarily when they are linked. Seems to save the settings of the first few instances I load.. then randomly wont save others and resort to default settings.. or a bunch of instances will inherit settings from 1 other instance. Has anyone experienced this? have sent emails to customer supports but no reply as yet.
i can't remember the range of issues people are having but if you read back through this thread there's a lot of info on specifics for certain plug ins w/certain OSs. saving, recalling seemed common if my memory is to be trusted.
Last edited by dayjob on Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

breeze thread is here:

viewtopic.php?p=8374976#p8374976

I did collect all presets cases with error alert (missing file), only full factory resource library here.

Factory

1.1 Rhytmic Melodic \ Harmonic Minor Bass 02 (image file "Rythmic 025")
2.4 Nano Rhytm Atonal \ Dimethyltryptamine (image file "FM XY A CO8 M32 B16 T1")
5.5 Static Filter \ FIR Coat 01 (image file "Displaced Circles 002")
5.5 Static Filter \ Transport Tube (image file "Displaced Circles 002")
5.5 Static Filter \ Tubular Inversion (image file "Displaced Circles 002")

Sound Designers

Austin Noble \ ROLLS ROYCE MERLIN 07 (image file "Midi Grab#2")

================================

Maybe someone already had investigate this ?
(Win10 here; Kaleidoscope 1.1.0)

Return to “Effects”