Problem With Demo...Need Help

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Simon:

I was told by another member to contact you and I figured maybe this was the best way to do that. I'll make this short.

I installed the demo for AIR Loom. Love the way it sounds. Pretty much had made up my mind to get it. Here's the problem.

It appears to be causing some serious DAW crashes and keyboard controller lockups. One time was in trying to import a sample and the other time was just moving from one preset to another. Errors I am getting I usually only get with 32 bit plugins. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and Cubase 7.06 64 bit.

So problem 1 is, I don't want to purchase this while it's still so unstable on my system. I downloaded the 1.0.5 update, which is the latest.

Problem 2 is I am sure that the next update won't be out until long after my demo period is expired.

What do I do? I really love the way Loom sounds but because of the errors, I can't bring myself to purchasing at this time. $150 is a lot of money to spend on a VST that crashes my DAW with every 2 presets I create. Yes, I've done 4 so far and have had 2 crashes. And yes, I did make sure I installed the 64 bit plugin only.

Please help. I really want to get this.

Hello, we heard that some users encountered some issues with Cubase 7.5 & Cubase 7.6 this should be resolved with 1.0.5 if you had 1.04 installed you may need to first uninstall it and proceed straight to 1.0.5
Cubase 8 seems to be entirely free of these issues.

If you can share an example of a crash log we can try to advise.
Can you also advise your OS/Spec ect.
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote:Hello, we heard that some users encountered some issues with Cubase 7.5 & Cubase 7.6 this should be resolved with 1.0.5 if you had 1.04 installed you may need to first uninstall it and proceed straight to 1.0.5
Cubase 8 seems to be entirely free of these issues.

If you can share an example of a crash log we can try to advise.
Can you also advise your OS/Spec ect.
Well, problem #1 is I never installed the 1.0.4 demo. 1.0.5 is the first time installing Loom, which I did just today.

Problem #2 is I am on an older version of Cubase, 7.0.6. I never upgraded to 7.5 because of all the problems many users were having with it upon release. Since I wasn't having any problems with it, as long as I was using 64 bit plugs, I didn't want to mess with my system. So I stayed with 7.0.6 and never went to 8 or even 7.5 for that matter.

As I said, I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and Cubase 7.0.6.

Looks like I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

As for crash logs for Loom, I don't even know where I'd find them. If I knew, I would certainly make one available to you.

This may sound like a stupid question, but was there a version of Loom that was stable with Cubase 7.0.6? I'd be willing to try that version as a demo if it were possible.

I am open to any suggestions that you might have but I need to have a stable demo version before I make my purchase. I'm sure you can understand that.

Apologies, I misread your note I thought you said you where using 7.6 not .0.6 my bad!
We recommend running the free cubase 7.0.7 update. This resolved some issues with third party plugin handling as well as a other issues to my understanding.

Any crashes experienced in cubase will be logged in the log file.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29135
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Return to “AIR Music Technology”