March 2015 update: ACE, Bazille & Zebra2 (rev 3437)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just another Thursday shout out to Urs et al.... :-)
:pray:
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote:
EdHarvey wrote:Is it just me going nuts, or is zebra's "swing generator" no longer functioning?

[64 bit vst, SONAR/Cantabile hosts]
Just tried with arpeggiator, LFO and MSEG - fully working here, but of course we're at revision 38xx internally...

Send preset to support at u-he dot com and I'll check it out (not sure if it could be a hosting issue)
well, "8 Perkers / HS Werkbank" in the standard presets should demo it...

I've tried 32 & 64 bit VST's in 3 different hosts (SONAR/Cantabile/ImageLine-MiniHost) and none seem to work :bang: :cry:

(just tried Hive, in case my brain was playing tricks on me, and its arp is swinging away merrily :? )

EdHarvey wrote:well, "8 Perkers / HS Werkbank" in the standard presets should demo it...
Well, that preset uses Swing a bit undogmatically. Set Swing to 16th and the 16th notes of the sequencer will swing away... (on my machine, that is...)

zvenx wrote:Just another Thursday shout out to Urs et al.... :-)
:pray:
rsp
It's looking very good. Waiting for QA to approve.

:-)
come on QA :-)
thanks,
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote::-)
come on QA :-)
thanks,
rsp
Yep, affirmative... we'll let it simmer with our internal testers overnight though... last two times we did there was still a niggle or two left for us to fix!

Fair enough. thanks for the update.
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote:
EdHarvey wrote:well, "8 Perkers / HS Werkbank" in the standard presets should demo it...
Well, that preset uses Swing a bit undogmatically. Set Swing to 16th and the 16th notes of the sequencer will swing away... (on my machine, that is...)
And yet, on my machine, nothing :cry:

Ed, I am running Build 3517... on Cubase on macbook pro (10.10.5) and it swings here too.
sorry
rsp
sound sculptist

Ed - try a re-install? I loaded that patch in every host I have, and it swings just fine...

zvenx wrote:Fair enough. thanks for the update.
rsp
Arrrgh. One more bug. A serious one. Hard to get - Hive can have exploding output. We need to fix this before we can go live :cry:

:(
So it goes.....:-)
sorry to hear.
rsp
sound sculptist

Howard wrote:Ed - try a re-install? I loaded that patch in every host I have, and it swings just fine...
Eureka! :hyper:

Re-installed and everything works fine :)

... copied my preset collection back into to new install and it stops working again :mad:

After a painstaking process of elimination, I finally found the cause;
In my default.h2p file I had the 'secret flag' !BLOCK_LATENCY_OFF=YES

It appears that this was the cause of the peculiar lack of swing!

(Woo hoo, little Z gets her groove back :wheee: )

EdHarvey wrote:After a painstaking process of elimination, I finally found the cause;
In my default.h2p file I had the 'secret flag' !BLOCK_LATENCY_OFF=YES
oops :oops:

Will need to see if we fixed that...

Return to “u-he”