Fxpansion Strobe 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe2

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:53 pm
himalaya wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:47 pm You tell me :)
I'd say the SH-101 is first. It sounds richer and rounder to me, though not by much.
They are mixed. :D
You hear Strobe 1 first three times.
Sh101 first two times... (but in which files? ha!)
So by that account, Strobe sounds richer and rounder than the real Sh101. Take that EvilDragon! :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:49 am
JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:53 pm
himalaya wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:47 pm You tell me :)
I'd say the SH-101 is first. It sounds richer and rounder to me, though not by much.
They are mixed. :D
You hear Strobe 1 first three times.
Sh101 first two times... (but in which files? ha!)
So by that account, Strobe sounds richer and rounder than the real Sh101. Take that EvilDragon! :D
:lol: Okay, how about you tell us which ones?
A well-behaved signature.

well for me, in 'bounce.wav' , the synth that plays second sounds both better to me, and like a 'real' SH-101. It seems to have the 'warmth' of an analog synth, FWIW. if it's actually Strobe, great; but I bet the first playthrough is strobe (again, just in 'bounce.wav') because that one sounds kinda...hard to explain, but too bright, a little thin. it lacks 'roundness'.

oh man I hate that I'm using these terms :(

but in that particular file, the difference seemed really obvious to me, FWIW.

mholloway wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:22 am well for me, in 'bounce.wav' , the synth that plays second sounds both better to me, and like a 'real' SH-101. It seems to have the 'warmth' of an analog synth, FWIW. if it's actually Strobe, great; but I bet the first playthrough is strobe (again, just in 'bounce.wav') because that one sounds kinda...hard to explain, but too bright, a little thin. it lacks 'roundness'.

oh man I hate that I'm using these terms :(

but in that particular file, the difference seemed really obvious to me, FWIW.
was gonna say the same thing

mholloway wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:22 am well for me, in 'bounce.wav' , the synth that plays second sounds both better to me, and like a 'real' SH-101. It seems to have the 'warmth' of an analog synth, FWIW. if it's actually Strobe, great; but I bet the first playthrough is strobe (again, just in 'bounce.wav') because that one sounds kinda...hard to explain, but too bright, a little thin. it lacks 'roundness'.
Try this: download the file, use a matching EQ (I used Ozone Equalizer) to match the first half to the second half, and then use that setting with Strobe. I found that the matching equalization is subtle but it definitely smooths out Strobe, even when I'm using sounds totally different from Himalaya's.

Strobe2 $19.99 here, but I think it is for the U.S only:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... 8000000000

Examigan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:14 am Strobe2 $19.99 here, but I think it is for the U.S only:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... 8000000000
Would you know whether this is for a download or a physical copy?

^ The link leads to a DV Mark Speaker Cabinet?
Take care :wink:

It works for me here.

SILAworld wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:24 pm
Would you know whether this is for a download or a physical copy?
It seems to be a physical copy... after VAT and delivery, $138 to me on Brazil :dog:

oh damn, sorry to read that! thank you for your feedback though, really appreciate it! I hope you got to cancel the order in time :)

my serial number/box just arrived, glad I stumbled blindly on this thread last week. Hell of a deal for 19.99!

Playing with the demo for this for most patches besides leads it pauses between notes is it running out polyphony, most other synths I have don't do this?

I have had some problems with Strobe 2 as well, but it's a great synth. The presets are are not tame enough for me to mix, but would love to see if anyone out there knows of good preset packs? In this video presets are made for Strobe 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K37ou-T7rAc
At 4:45 Usesomechorus is a beautiful sound and would love to see if anyone could remake the 7 skies presets since Strobe 1 presets are not compatible with Strobe 2!

Whilst they are not 100% compatible, I would definitely not say they are incompatible, probably more like 90% (except the Arp stuff)
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”