Somewhat Solved (Drag Phrase from Browser to Phrase Editor Stopped Working)

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It no longer is working and buttons are disabled. Probably something simple, but I'm not getting it to work yet.

Any ideas how phrase editor is no longer active?

Edit: I decided to drag a pattern (phrase) from the playlist into phrase editor and that worked, so I tried again to drag phrase from browser into phrase editor, and this time it worked.

I suspect what it could happens to you. The Phrase editor is there to edit the sequences that are already loaded. All the sequences placed in the Pattern Editor / Playlist are loaded. But the browser's phrases are not, they are in your HD.

When you drag a browser phrase you're replacing the contents of the current edited pattern / clip (container). However if you drag from the browser to the playlist or the pattern editor, a new container is created.

So, if the Phrase Editor is empty, it means that it isn't editing any clip or pattern, and therefore, you cannot replace the contents if there is no container.

Think in terms of your DAW. You cannot edit a MIDI file if it is not opened in any track.

Thanks Juan, I just haven't noticed it before. I don't think about whether anything is in playlist beforehand. My first inclination is just to drop a phrase into the editor to audition it. I thought it worked that way, that dropping into the editor was actually opening it.

You are welcome :)

Notice by default Nora initiates with a Pattern in the Pattern Editor (which is opened in the Phrase Editor). And the drag and drop from the browser can be undone.

The cause of the confussion is the change of paradigm. While Nora 1 was supporting only one phrase and every phrase you dropped in was "loaded" (replaced too, since it could be undone), Nora 2 has a sequencer for the phrases which means that you must select the phrase you want to edit.

thanks for tips

Return to “Squaredheads”