Gforce Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

Gforce do sales? I like oddity 2. And what's up with the preset browser? It doesn't show up more then 41 patches, although there is more to load(i figured out using the arrow down button to the right of "current preset".)
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

JRR has some Oddity2 serials on sale.

This is one of those synths where I would LOVE to see a better preset browser. It would be great to at LEAST do it Spire style...or better yet, copy the u-He guys. Finding my sound libraries always is jumping through hoops.

Indeed. The preset handling in Oddity 2 qualifies as a candidate for one of the worst ever implementations. Which is very strange as the preset browser they made for ImpOSCar 2 was quite good.. so one should've thought they would just use the same solution for Oddity. Sadly they didn't.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

twolegstoneworks wrote:Indeed. The preset handling in Oddity 2 qualifies as a candidate for one of the worst ever implementations. Which is very strange as the preset browser they made for ImpOSCar 2 was quite good.. so one should've thought they would just use the same solution for Oddity. Sadly they didn't.
I would also have hoped that they would have made multiple sizes of the GUI, but it seems their products don't share that kind of thing.

twolegstoneworks wrote:Indeed. The preset handling in Oddity 2 qualifies as a candidate for one of the worst ever implementations. Which is very strange as the preset browser they made for ImpOSCar 2 was quite good.. so one should've thought they would just use the same solution for Oddity. Sadly they didn't.
It's also been broken since it came out and despite attempts at support they have never even bothered to respond. If I try and import presets into Kore no matter what the bank that is loaded it always just imports the factory bank - it's like that bank is hard coded into the plugin (in fact if you save any project in other DAWs with a patch from any bank other than the default one, when you reload it still loads the default bank, not the bank that the patch you saved came from - it does load the patch but without the preset name showing).
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wow gforce were seriously ahead of the curve in every way.. oddity sounded authentic and it is an old plugin, how exciting they added polyphony for V2, have to check that out..

The gem for me has always been imposcar, there is just something about the tone of that one that gets the hairs on my arms to stand up.

Great company and dev.

Mtron also still the best mellotron around - the choir is just sensational.

Is There a wide or spread button?
Couldnt find such an option to make Sounds wider.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:Is There a wide or spread button?

up right corner, with the pan button you can make the voices spread randomly or like a piano (low voices on the left, high on the right), the spread slider controls the amount of stereo width.

imposcar has more pan modes for some reason
Padamantium - 100 Pads for Repro-5 available now @ The Patchbay.
Also packs for TAL-UNO-LX, Oddity 2, TAL-Bassline101 https://thepatchbay.co.uk/creator/kimik/

kimik wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Is There a wide or spread button?

up right corner, with the pan button you can make the voices spread randomly or like a piano (low voices on the left, high on the right), the spread slider controls the amount of stereo width.

imposcar has more pan modes for some reason
Thanks mate. Yep this was the only thing i found but sadly isnt the feature i hoped for :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Gforce do communicate here? This is ridicious with the browswer. Can't scroll down below the 41th preset... the arow down doesn't show up.

Such a bad bug on such a fine synth.
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrokenTrance wrote:Gforce do communicate here? This is ridicious with the browswer. Can't scroll down below the 41th preset...

Such a bad bug on such a fine synth.
What system are you on? On PC Windows 7 it's fine. You just scroll down. Not ideal but it does work.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Novation 61sl mk2 - automap.

Fleer wrote:JRR has some Oddity2 serials on sale.
It seems like normal price to me. Actually it's more expensive then on the gforce site! Most be logged in to see it?

JRR is $10 higher than G-Force or Sweetwater........and I'm logged in. Why the heck would anyone buy from JRR then???????????????

Return to “Instruments”