Gforce Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

e@rs wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:11 am
mholloway wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:21 pm Oddity 2 "mostly" created by OhmForce? Care to back that up?
Sure. See above.
You initially asserted it was "mostly the creation of OhmForce"....
now you're saying your evidence is the statement "Oddity2 was developed in conjunction with Ohm Force"....

So, how did you arrive at "mostly the creation of", in your assertion? What part of "in conjunction with" means Mostly Developed By?

From GForce website. They have the same statement re: Oddity 2: "It’s still early days with Monterey, but it seems like Apple have fixed the issue that broke Minimonsta (and Oddity 2) in Big Sur (macOS 11). Therefore, at this time it would seem that Minimonsta is functioning within Monterey as a plugin. The standalone does not currently work. This fix has not been put into Big Sur, so Minimonsta is still not compatible with macOS 11. A long term fix for these potential issues is still being worked on by GForce."

I guess most people that work on laptops fare better than some of us, as the resolution on the display isn't as crazy-sharp.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:33 pm Since their last instrument was Mac only, I guess it doesn’t really matter, as I’ll probably never buy a Mac for music.
I heard (on good authority) that the PC version of OB-E is near at hand...
A well-behaved signature.

mholloway wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:57 pm
e@rs wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:11 am
mholloway wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:21 pm Oddity 2 "mostly" created by OhmForce? Care to back that up?
Sure. See above.
You initially asserted it was "mostly the creation of OhmForce"....
now you're saying your evidence is the statement "Oddity2 was developed in conjunction with Ohm Force"....

So, how did you arrive at "mostly the creation of", in your assertion? What part of "in conjunction with" means Mostly Developed By?
bloody hell, you're reaching.

E@rs: 'Hey GForce, see that synth that Ohmforce did the original version of, which will have been based on version1, done by Ohmforce, and thus already mostly Ohmforce code. Who developed that?'
Gforce : 'Version 2 was done in conjunction with Ohmforce'
(GForce's other contracted developer : 'Nope, definitely wasnt me')
You : 'So where's the evidence OhmForce did most of version 2. Go on, prove its not that other developer GForce didnt mention.'

Jebus.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:15 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:33 pm Since their last instrument was Mac only, I guess it doesn’t really matter, as I’ll probably never buy a Mac for music.
I heard (on good authority) that the PC version of OB-E is near at hand...
God loves to make a man break a vow! :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I like the idea people are talking about who actually developed the Gforce Synths.
The last I heard they had taken on an intern who quite possibly could develop a Pc version?
But all things considered it is most likely the code from Ohmforce that has the inside track that most users experience today.

mholloway wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:57 pm You initially asserted it was "mostly the creation of OhmForce"....

In this particular case, 'in conjunction' means that GForce came with the ideas and OhmForce did the rest (that's exactly what they said in the email I received). Hodgson said he only contributed a bit of code, hence my 'mostly the creation of OhmForce'.

I know Ohmforce definitely developed Oddity 1. There was a making of Oddity article in an early issue of Computer Music.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

It all gets confused in the past, but wasn't it the case that GMedia (as they were called) when collaborating with Ohmforce used the GForce moniker to indicate the collaboration? So things like M-Tron were GMedia branded.

Eventually they settled on GForce as having two names was confusing for the customer. I think that's how it went.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:11 pm It all gets confused in the past, but wasn't it the case that GMedia (as they were called) when collaborating with Ohmforce used the GForce moniker to indicate the collaboration? So things like M-Tron were GMedia branded.

Eventually they settled on GForce as having two names was confusing for the customer. I think that's how it went.
Seems plausible, I do remember they used to be called GMedia.
A well-behaved signature.

It's on sale for about $28 on their website:
https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/oddity2/

Return to “Instruments”