Protoverb 1.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Protoverb

gnilyf wrote:Quick question:

When I type "BAZILLE-MFM3" Protoverb generates a reverb (I like it), now I ask myself can Protoverb really work with these entries? The online form tells me it is not a valid code.
Hmmm, dunno why it would be invalid. I'll ask Rob tomorrow...

That said, the first part has some specific elements. If they're not found it'll revert to default settings.

the webform doesn't allow to submit '0-0'...
mine,mine,mine :D

oops, nevermind...
Last edited by phdsg vn chfhn on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello,

For those who asked for Protoverb on Linux, it is here: Protoverb-4105.tar.gz!

Enjoy ;-)

Thanks Team!
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Fuxache Urs
this thing is stunning

dave

My problem is that I've never heard a reverb I didn't like. So, I'll be clicking random, send code, random, send code, random ..... :P Well I won't, but I'll want to.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Great sounding!

Would it be possible to make it zero latency (instead of current 16 samples latency)?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:
Dandruff wrote:Would it be possible to make it zero latency (instead of current 16 samples latency)?
It is possible by editing the file "com.u-he.Protoverb.Preferences.txt" in the folder "Protoverb.data/Support/" (on Windows, I don't know where it is on OSX).

Simply replace

Code: Select all

value='AudioPrefs:BaseLatencyBuffer16:YES'
with

value='AudioPrefs:BaseLatencyBuffer16:NO'
Great, thanks for the hint! Working fine. Any downsides with this? Why is it not the default?

Great little plug! I know its a freebie but if you guys to decide to come out with a 1.1 could you add a little baby filter section? Thanks for your awesomeness U-He

---

Chapelle wrote:
Dandruff wrote:Great, thanks for the hint! Working fine. Any downsides with this? Why is it not the default?
It creates problems when the buffer size in the ASIO settings is not a multiple of 16 or when the host uses dynamic buffer sizes (like FL Studio). If you have set the buffer size to a multiple of 16, there shouldn't be any downsides (afaik).
Ok, thanks!

Offtopic: Someone know how to do this with TyrellN6 3.0 (VST2)?

ThomasHelzle wrote:When I tried to upload my first preset, the website told me in a popup I couldn't enter non-latin characters. I definitely had none in there. At the end I had to delete my comment. This is using Vivaldi Browser (latest snapshot) x64 on Windows 8.1 x64.
I had the same issue too (though with Google Chrome). First removed the '~' symbol as I thought it might be causing problems, then I removed all the unnecessary punctuation, then the necessary punctuation, then all numbers, but nope still didn't take the comment. Weird !

Love the reverb though !

---

Chapelle wrote:
Dandruff wrote:Offtopic: Someone know how to do this with TyrellN6 3.0 (VST2)?
Tyrell hasn't been updated in a while, so it still uses the old method.

I've attached a preset in a zip-folder. If you copy the preset into the root preset folder of Tyrell, the latency should be gone the next time you start it.

If you don't want to use my preset, you can also do it yourself by saving a preset in the root directory as 'default.h2p'. Then open the file in a text editor and in the first empty line, after the metadata, insert the text

!BLOCK_LATENCY_OFF=YES
Thanks again! Working!

Return to “u-he”