Volta – A GUI for u-he Diva

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

andresnol wrote:only tried the demo, but don't you think it would be more user friendly to have the preset browser closed when you click on any other part of the synth, not only the small x in the top corner?
Absolutely! Can't believe that I missed such a ordinary usability thing.
The GUI were updated now to v1.1. You can redownload the files in your account.
Elektronisch wrote:1. Panel changes. If i change the panel within the gui using the handle, it changes the position from Bottom to the Top. I think its confusing and i think its better to have it locked in one position. Tho i understand its like making more "realistic" like if you open the compartment :) But it slows down a bit.
That's why you have main buttons to do that. The handles are a secondary way to open the sub areas.
Elektronisch wrote:2. Diva is now taller. Is it possible to cramp it up a little bit?
Sorry, no.
Elektronisch wrote:And extra one: is it me or text in red font is a bit "blurry" ?
If you mean the red font in the buttons like "Transpose", "Up" or "Down", these are system fonts same as in the original GUI. Try to adjust the anti-aliasing in the preferences menu.

Post

I just tried re downloading and it seems like the same origional version unless I am missing where you located the quality switch ?

I do not have a Sellfy account, I just reused the download link in the confirmation email ?
User Data wrote:
andresnol wrote:only tried the demo, but don't you think it would be more user friendly to have the preset browser closed when you click on any other part of the synth, not only the small x in the top corner?
Absolutely! Can't believe that I missed such a ordinary usability thing.
The GUI were updated now to v1.1. You can redownload the files in your account.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

Post

aesthete wrote:I am missing where you located the quality switch ?
Do you mean Accuracy? It's in the same place like on the original. :shrug:

aesthete wrote:I do not have a Sellfy account, I just reused the download link in the confirmation email ?
It's up now, forgot to press the save button. Your link should work, if not I will send you the link.

Post

I'm an absolute sucker for a good GUI ..... and this is a good GUI. Insta-buy !

Post

dupe post
Last edited by aesthete on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

Post

dupe post
Last edited by aesthete on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

Post

Got it now. TX

Image
User Data wrote:
aesthete wrote:I am missing where you located the quality switch ?
Do you mean Accuracy? It's in the same place like on the original. :shrug:

aesthete wrote:I do not have a Sellfy account, I just reused the download link in the confirmation email ?
It's up now, forgot to press the save button. Your link should work, if not I will send you the link.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

Post

Your Volta GUI is fantastic. I loaded it in and brought up Diva but haven't had a chance to really dig in with programming. but from the initial look and feel I can tell this is going to make working with Diva even better. fantastic and instant purchase after I came across this. thanks very much for all that effort to put this together and sell it at a reasonable price.

Post

A great looking gui.

However, I struggled to read a lot of the labels, particularly the smaller red text in the lower panel. Red on black doesn't offer sufficient contrast.

Post

hakey wrote:A great looking gui.

However, I struggled to read a lot of the labels, particularly the smaller red text in the lower panel. Red on black doesn't offer sufficient contrast.
hakey, I just opened up Diva Volta and I see what you mean. to me it's ok, but just barely. not enough for me at first glance to have identified it as a problem. but now that I am using it, yes its a bit "squint" - but on the other hand, it gives it this kind of "in a dark room" look. that BMW cockpit look. im used to that in my car so i kinda like it in this plugin.

how about a knob to adjust the brightness of the red? like an analogue brightness control. can you code that kind of thing in? i have no idea. probably not... controls mapped to existing knobs, kinda thing?

anyway, maybe there is a workable middle-ground?

Gamma...

I have some other skins that include a gamma in the resize drop down. I can select a different gamma and then switch to Volta and Volta appears to retain the gamma. so how about including the gamma menu and maybe increasing it's range. here are screen shots of "brightest", "neutral" and "darkest" gamma settings. it helps a bit so maybe this could be used to provide a wider range of contrast?

EEPS: mine is also missing the "make default" so I can't make Volta my default skin...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post

very wicked... love the lfo section. the main reason i purchased it... but would love it even more if it wasn't mirrored... its kind of awkward to find the controls for each LFO1 and LFO2.
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://kirkwoodwest.com/

Post

Just purchased this, so how/where do i make an account to get future updates?

Thanks

Post

Is there a way to save Volta as a default? I looked around menus etc and I don't see how to do it. I have to open Diva and select the skin every initial opening. It would be nice to be able to set it as the default considering the functionality is built into Diva and other skins. ?? otherwise, its excellent - I used it last night and ended up with this track. this is about 4 instances of Diva and 1 of Hive and Zebra. its a jam. Volta made working with Diva much easier and more intuitive.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/li ... livingroom

Post

Yes, you need to do it in the Preferences panel.

Post

plexuss wrote:Is there a way to save Volta as a default? I looked around menus etc and I don't see how to do it. I have to open Diva and select the skin every initial opening. It would be nice to be able to set it as the default considering the functionality is built into Diva and other skins. ?? otherwise, its excellent - I used it last night and ended up with this track. this is about 4 instances of Diva and 1 of Hive and Zebra. its a jam. Volta made working with Diva much easier and more intuitive.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/li ... livingroom
the product page for the skin has install instructions, just go look at it and scroll down :P (ps it's also been re-posted inside this thread at least twice now :P )

Return to “u-he”