Engine 2.x - editing key ranges

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

Have been spending some time now trying to figure this out :

I don't seem to find a way to adapt the range of playable keys (the white ones in GUI terms).
There's an overall range control at the layer level, but that range includes accepted keys, including keyswitches, not-playable keys etc.
(btw : This range control is only available in the left 'layer column' - it's nowhere to be found in the Pro Edit pages)

When going into the Pro Edit context, I can't find a GUI control that allows to change the playable range at either the range / alternate / section level.

I'm I missing something (maybe I'm just blind as a mole 8) ) or is (even a small) adaptation of the playable notes impossible ?

Are we really locked into a rigid "you shall not use my multi-sample out of my predefined range" concept ??? :?

I really would like to be able to play (eg) a whistle from C3 to C5, instead of from D3 to D5, side effects would be minimal.
(And why not make use of the built in Elastique algorithm to allow even more freedom ?!)

Any solution is wellcome (straightforward or workaround :wink: )

thx !

PS: it's easy to accomplish this in other sampler engines (even in VIPro)

Anyone ?

Best Service ?

Assuming "Best Service" is also their philosophy, this must be a difficult question I suppose ???

Any answer, even one like " we honestly don't know " is better then complete silence, I would think.

And certainly for a product that seems to be completely absent from all the usual blogs, magazine forums, youtube channels, etc.
(for the record : I'm only referring to the Sample Playing Engine, not to the libraries)

We're really dependent on the official (help) forum !

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Hey JohJoh,

to get fast feedback to your questions it´s always recommended to send a e-mail at support [at] bestservice.de, especially for support inquiries.

About your question. I´m afraid that´s not possible in Engine. Engine is "only" a player for the library and has only the ability to play the instruments as they are programmed. If you want to change things you have to use independence pro software suite. This is the sampler/editor for engine libraries.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards

Martin

Hey Martin,

Thanks for your answer.

It really answers my question - not what i was hoping for, but at least I know what I can do now, and the possibility of an alternative (I thought Magix's sampler product had already been phased out, but apparently ist's still there) !

Best regards,
Joh

PS :
Do you have any vision / policy on the respective use of forum versus e-mail for your support ? What kind of questions do you expect on either channel ?
More then willing to use either of them, but it's useful if we can tune our behaviour to your processes.

The best way to get an answer for any question is to send us an e-mail :)
Forum is ok on any question you want to also ask other users (if they answer ;)) except for support inquiries!

Please let me know if you have further questions!

Return to “Best Service”