Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

This skin is not available. Do I have to get it from an old version or something?

Edit: yes I do. Might be nice to include it in future update packages please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

It has been explained several times why this skin isn't included.

Hi!
I have been trying to find the best way to save a preset in an user bank. The thing is that I am tired of these steps:
1. Make a beautiful sound.
2. Select your bank to save it in there.
3. When you select the bank Viper loads the first preset = you lose your beautiful sound.
4. There is no undo (and also preset is not saved correctly in FL Studio backup for some reason, it gets corrupt or something).

So what are the right steps to save a preset in an user bank easily?
Could someone help me? Thank you!!

vanerio wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:55 am So what are the right steps to save a preset in an user bank easily?
It depends on whether you started by tweaking an existing preset that you don't want to overwrite, or if you started with an Init slot in the bank you want to save it into. If it's the former:

1) Save your new preset as a .fxp by selecting Menu > Save Preset (.fxp)
2) Load the bank you want to save the preset into. (If your new preset was made by tweaking an existing preset in the bank you want to save it into, reload the bank, because otherwise when you save the bank it'll end up overwriting the existing preset with its new tweaked state)
3) Select the Init slot where you want to save the new preset
4) Select Menu > Load Preset (.fxp), navigate to the folder where you saved the .fxp and then double click the .fxp
5) Click the circle to the left of the preset name in the main display at the top, name the preset and hit Enter
6) Select Menu > Save Bank (.fxb), navigate to the folder where the bank is, click the .fxb, click save and overwrite it

If you started with an Init slot in the bank you want to save your new preset into, just do steps 5 and 6. Or, you can copy a preset, paste it into an Init slot and then tweak it and do steps 5 and 6.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:17 am
vanerio wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:55 am So what are the right steps to save a preset in an user bank easily?
It depends on whether you started by tweaking an existing preset that you don't want to overwrite, or if you started with an Init slot in the bank you want to save it into. If it's the former:

1) Save your new preset as a .fxp by selecting Menu > Save Preset (.fxp)
2) Load the bank you want to save the preset into. (If your new preset was made by tweaking an existing preset in the bank you want to save it into, reload the bank, because otherwise when you save the bank it'll end up overwriting the existing preset with its new tweaked state)
3) Select the Init slot where you want to save the new preset
4) Select Menu > Load Preset (.fxp), navigate to the folder where you saved the .fxp and then double click the .fxp
5) Click the circle to the left of the preset name in the main display at the top, name the preset and hit Enter
6) Select Menu > Save Bank (.fxb), navigate to the folder where the bank is, click the .fxb, click save and overwrite it

If you started with an Init slot in the bank you want to save your new preset into, just do steps 5 and 6. Or, you can copy a preset, paste it into an Init slot and then tweak it and do steps 5 and 6.

Thank you very much for your help, Vortifex !
I wish the process could be simpler and friendlier to be honest.

kenny saunders wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:45 pm This skin is not available. Do I have to get it from an old version or something?

You were never able to get it from any older version because it is not included with Viper officially, since I did "borrow" graph elements from the Virus plugin. I only made it just for fun but here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5gts4iipjc0r ... n.zip?dl=0
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

vanerio wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:55 am Hi!
I have been trying to find the best way to save a preset in an user bank. The thing is that I am tired of these steps:
3. When you select the bank Viper loads the first preset = you lose your beautiful sound.
4. There is no undo (and also preset is not saved correctly in FL Studio backup for some reason, it gets corrupt or something).

Vortifex explained it well. If you want to save your sounds save them as presets not banks. Once you have your presets open the init viper bank with the empty sounds, and then you an load your saved presets one by one then save the bank.

adamszabo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:36 pm

Vortifex explained it well. If you want to save your sounds save them as presets not banks. Once you have your presets open the init viper bank with the empty sounds, and then you an load your saved presets one by one then save the bank.
Ok, thank you guys!

Hi, I will tell you the way I manage presets, you might already know or try. 'Copy & Paste' is handy.

When I need to save a tweaked factory preset or any preset after I tweaked, I always load two instances of VIPER. Then I load an empty bank in the second VIPER, and I just copy the edited preset, and paste the preset into an empty bank of the second VIPER. After that I save the empty bank with any name given. In this way you don't need to save or save as the edited preset in its own bank.

I attached some pics for your reference.

https://blog.kakaocdn.net/dn/d0KG2J/bts ... g1/img.jpg

https://blog.kakaocdn.net/dn/1vTSC/btsG ... 4K/img.jpg

https://blog.kakaocdn.net/dn/F07T1/btsG ... K0/img.jpg
Last edited by brouculy on Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Viper, Nordlead 2X, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Synapse Orion Platinum

brouculy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:17 pm Hi, I will tell you the way I manage presets, you might already know or try. 'Copy & Paste' is handy.

Hello! Thank you very much for your help! I actually tested your method with a single Viper instance and it works fine too. That is, copy the preset before changing banks so that it doesn't get deleted later, and then pasting it.

The only thing is that there are times when you are concentrating, you create a nice sound, and when you select the bank to save it (without remembering to copy preset) it is deleted forever. I think that selecting the first preset of the bank when changing banks is not helpful in any case...

Many thanks again to all of you.

adamszabo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:27 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:45 pm This skin is not available. Do I have to get it from an old version or something?

You were never able to get it from any older version because it is not included with Viper officially, since I did "borrow" graph elements from the Virus plugin. I only made it just for fun but here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5gts4iipjc0r ... n.zip?dl=0
Thanks Adam. I must have downloaded back at the same time as Version 1.0.91 cos I had it saved already.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

does someone know if Adam's soundbanks go also on sale?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 pm does someone know if Adam's soundbanks go also on sale?
When its sale time on the summer and on christmas, everything on the site is on sale including soundbanks :wink:

adamszabo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 pm does someone know if Adam's soundbanks go also on sale?
When its sale time on the summer and on christmas, everything on the site is on sale including soundbanks :wink:
thanks si much, ahhhh summer come fast ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm thanks si much, ahhhh summer come fast ;D
Unfortunately, summer doesnt come so fast over here, its way too cold still :lol:

Return to “Instruments”