"Recorded a Zero-Length File"... what?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, I am trying to record the output of a track onto a new track. I have the Track Output set to outputs 3+4 of my Aardvark LX6 and they are patched into Inputs 3+4 of the LX6. The 'Input Arrow' icon of Tracktion shows signal being received (the Control Panel for the LX6 also shows signal being sent and received) but when I go to record on the track being targeted by the 'Arrow' I get the following error:

"The Device "1/2 Direct Pro 1+2" recorded a zero-length file that which will not be added to the edit."

Any help in nailing down the issue would be appreciated.

You probably have "punch-In" active. The "punch" button is in the transport area in the lower right corner of the screen. If that is the case you are only recording what is between the 'In and Out" markers, which are probably still pushed all the way over to the left hand side of your tracks. Just unclick "punch" and it will probably record just fine...

edelweiss wrote:You probably have "punch-In" active. The "punch" button is in the transport area in the lower right corner of the screen. If that is the case you are only recording what is between the 'In and Out" markers, which are probably still pushed all the way over to the left hand side of your tracks. Just unclick "punch" and it will probably record just fine...
Nope, Punch-In is disabled and I'm still getting the error.

If anyone is wondering why I am doing this method, I seem to be unable to correctly export/render or freeze two tracks that feature CloneBoy (one being the transmitter, one being the receiver). They play back fine but even when exported, the effect that is audible during standard playback is gone.

either that or put the "in and Out" markers on either side of the section you want to record to....

Those are the only things I have seen that will give you that message......

Hopes this helps.....good luck..

or you're too good at double clicking :wink:

multree wrote:or you're too good at double clicking :wink:
Nope, just doing standard-issue clicking and the i/o markers are properly set.

Return to “Tracktion”