PrettyScope Beta - Confirm it works

Official support for: soundemote.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post your setup and if PrettyScope works for you. (Do not post crash reports here)

Important details are ->

Operating System:
VST Host / DAW:
CPU:
GPU:
OpenGL version:

(all these things are reported in the log automatically created next to the dll when you start PrettyScope. You can copy/paste that.)

First test worked like a charm.
Live 9.7 64bit on Windows 8.1 64bit, PrettyScope beta 64bit VST2
i7/4770 3.8GHz 8GB RAM
Nvidia 210 1GB VRAM

Youtube totally destroyed this one but it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUEEQZuf24M

Windows 10
AMD FX 8350 4.1 GHz
GeForce 8600 GTS

Foobar2000 VST 2.4 adapter https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,84947.0.html
Works except for trying to change a parameter via double-click/typing in a value. If you do that, the GUI will stop responding and you will have force-close Foobar.

Foobar2000 VST Wrapper http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html
For some reason I couldn't get an audio signal into the scope, but it runs/doesn't crahs.

HiEnergy, what is your sound source? looks great! Although I really hate that colormap. :)

New colormaps coming soon! Fully customizeable too.

Operating System: Windows 7
VST Host / DAW: Cubase 9
CPU: Intel i7 2600 @3.4Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 570

Works great so far, just started testing it though. :tu:
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Windows 10 x64, i7 5500U, AMD Radeon R7 M265

Saw no exposed parameters for automation in any host.

Ableton Live 9.7 x64, scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project

Ableton Live 9.7.2b1 Beta x32, scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project, loaded x32 in place of x64 in saved project

Sonar (Steam Version) x64, scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project

Sonar (Steam Version) x32, scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project, loaded x32 in place of x64 in saved project

(Sonar has bit bridge, but it doesn't show the other bit version if the "correct" one is also present.)

Tracktion 7.2.1 x64, scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project

Tracktion 7.2.1 x32, scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project, loaded x32 in place of x64 in saved project

Stagelight 3 x64 (has bit bridge and can load both x32 and x64), scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project

Renoise 3.1 x32, scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project

IL Minihost Modular x64 , scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project

IL Minihost Modular x32 , scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project, seem Minihost isn't able to substitute the x32 version for a "project" saved with the x64 version.

VEGAS Movie Studio 13 x64, scan OK, open OK, displays OK, save/load preset OK, recalls windows size and settings in saved project

FMOD Studio 1.08 (a bit old) x64, crashed on scan, the only one that did that. I'll download the newest version to see if it is more robust.

I have a couple other hosts installed, but at this point I think it will load fine in any of them.

In my experience, if it loads OK in Live and Renoise, it loads OK in most other DAWs (VST2 I mean), FMOD being the exception.

[edit: Newest FMOD Studio is crashing with other VSTs, it is not PrettyScope]

pottering wrote:Saw no exposed parameters for automation in any host.
Host automation will be implemented after we get the mac build. Sorely needed. There's a handful of features I wish PrettyScope had before I started the beta, but it was just taking too long to get everything implemented.

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.14393
I5 2500 3.30GHz 4 core 64bit
16GB
GeForce GTX 960
Live 9.1

I managed to crash Live once but that may not have been a problem with P-Scope. I can not repeat it so far. The button for blend mode locked up once but loading a saved preset restored its usability

Nice with Microtonic. Looking forward to further developments.
바보

Architeuthis wrote:HiEnergy, what is your sound source? looks great! Although I really hate that colormap. :)

New colormaps coming soon! Fully customizeable too.
Thanks, Architeuthis.

For first experiments I used the following sound sources:
- u-he Bazille emitting two cross-modulated PD (sine/hybrid cosine) waves panned to left and right resp. with no additional effects
- Ableton Operator sending a simple mono sine/cosine wave into Sonic Charge Echobode for introducing phase differences and rotation

IIRC the video shows the Bazille setup

Beta 2 does not accept my test key, Beta 1 works fine.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, x64
VST Host / DAW: AudioMulch (x86), Plogue Bidule (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Beta 2 does not accept my test key, Beta 1 works fine.
that would make sense, the bug that was fixed made the test license invalid... Ok, let me get licenses sent out.

I have done some intro tests and i can say, that PrettyScope is not working in Foobar2000 on this VST wrapper: http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html It loads properly, but doesnt respond to signal.
It works with other foobar wrapper.

Doesnt work in Wavosaur (x64) also, simmilary to Foobar2000 Yohng wrapper. Plugin loads, but not respond to signal.

Tracktion 5 (x64) and Audacity without issues for now.

In Jeskola Buzz (x86) it works good only with "process with fixed blocksize" property marked. Without this i have this big dot on center all the time and it probably have some issues with displaying graphic. But now it looks ok.
I have had also some issues with combobox 1 and 2 (don't remember labels) once. I wasn't able to change parameter after some time, but closing and reopen plugin window helps for that, i think. Didnt tested with "process with fixed blocksize".

Worked great!
Live 9.7 64bit on Windows 8.1 64bit, PrettyScope beta build2 64bit VST2
i7/4770 3.8GHz 8GB RAM
Nvidia 210 1GB VRAM

The following video shows PrettyScope beta2 doing some weird "spinning animated logo". This one uses a mixture of monophonic fixed-frequency square waves generated by Ableton Operator sent into Live's Bode frequency shifter for the rotating logo thing.
No sound in this video, the audio is awful and boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZs3i8Fdkqg

Confirming 32bit version working properly.
Reaper 5.40 64bit on Windows 8.1 64bit, PrettyScope beta build2 32bit VST2 via Reaper bit bridge
i7/4770 3.8GHz 8GB RAM
Nvidia 210 1GB VRAM

Confirmed working
Live 9.7 64bit on Windows 8.1 64bit, PrettyScope beta build3 64bit VST2
i7/4770 3.8GHz 8GB RAM
Nvidia 210 1GB VRAM

Parameter automation does not work with Live 9.7. Plugin parameters aren't shown and aren't assignable using Live's "Configure" mechanism.
Parameter automation works properly with Reaper 5.40. All 128 exposed parameters are listed, assignable and automatable.

Return to “Soundemote”