First Time Installation issues

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was my first purchase through Best Service and I'm getting disappointed.

Installed the Engine and tried to follow the instructions but they are not very clear. the manuals talk about CD/DVD while most of the soft is downloaded. I'm assuming the after unzipping the downloaded file I get all DVD contents. Here is the problem though. Just tried DESERT WIND library. Unpacked and copied all content to the D:\BestService\ folder. When I go to register library I select the folder but nothing is registered. Cannot load instruments because nothing shows up, also not way to activate anything :-(
I was also wondering if I can load this library into KONTAKT ?

- I tried to login to the site and re-download instrument files but I cannot find it
- I have website account but had to create separate account for the forum! why ?
- I'm in USA and get documentation in German ? WTF is going on?

All this does not look god from the start :-(

Any help appreciated.
ARTHUR

You have registered with, and posted a topic on KvrAudio: a general music production forum. To me it is completely unclear what you bought: this is the Hosts subforum but you talk about an engine? A sample library maybe?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thank you for replying.

I bought "Desert Winds" and "Shevannai".Installed an engine and after some struggling finally got the first one installed and authorized, but the second one does not work. No matter what I do it does not show as library.

ART

Technical Support

Best Service will help you to solve technical issues!

support@bestservice.de

Wow, just discovered that the first product work in KONTAKT (not Best Service engine). What a joke! They did not even mention this anywhere and I wasted several hours trying to find out why I cannot get it to work. What a shame!

Now the other product finally is working in the engine, I can get sounds etc, but I use ABLETON Live9 and can't seem to figure out how to get the access to the plugin. There is again no information at all how to work with this. Yes perhaps BS can help but I'm already struggling 3+ days with this and now it is a weekend so another 2 days will be lost. If they had put more details how to use it people would not waste so much time. Being stuck over the weekend is really agrevating. I searched on-line but cannot find any documentation how to implement it in LIVE, although I saw some video's of people using QL RA (which I think is using the same engine).

Any links or ideas on how to get Best Service working in Ableton would be appreciated.

ART

This might help. I'm a bit sleepy at the moment. :zzz:

Ableton Live Tutorial: Setting up Plug-ins

http://sonicbloom.net/en/ableton-live-t ... -plug-ins/

You will no doubt have access to The Ableton Manual, FAQ, Forum Etc as well if you're stuck.

Good luck. :)

I use Ableton since LIVE-5. I know how to install and access plugins in general, but this product uses some 3rd party engine. In most cases plugins are .DLL files which one needs to place in VST folder, then point Live to that folder. It is quite simple.
DESERT WINDS uses tjeir own BEST SERVICE engine which I have no idea how to embed into Live. I had no problem with KONTAKT etc. I really do not understand how the company can sell such product without documentation on how to embed it into major DAW software.
Thanks but your link is irrelevant.

aklisiewicz wrote:... Thanks but your link is irrelevant.
Aloysius gave you two links. The first link is a video that gives you specific steps on how to activate Best Service libraries. Did you watch it? Are you saying those steps don't work for you?

Return to “Best Service”