5%
Something else (please explain)
18%

Total votes: 39

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks, so this is how most MTurboReverbs active presets look like :
MTurboReverb03.png
It's cluttered with the little lock buttons... Now the question is, do we really need all of that to be lockable? I mean, who would lock say dampening or size, when each active preset sounds very different anyways?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yeah my first thought on seeing Turbo reverb was that all the lock buttons felt unnecessary and cluttered the controls. Like everything, I got used to it, but I think it would look more welcoming as an easy screen with most removed. Typically I'll just lock wet dry when testing presets.

...would agree on the "clutter"...otoh, since the underlying logic/code is already in place, consider making the knobs "push down to lock/unlock" via cntrl+left button along with placing/removing an "L" on the button cap...or some such thing...I have used the lock feature occasionally...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

steve2KVR wrote:...would agree on the "clutter"...otoh, since the underlying logic/code is already in place, consider making the knobs "push down to lock/unlock" via cntrl+left button along with placing/removing an "L" on the button cap...or some such thing...I have used the lock feature occasionally...hth.../s~
Great idea..options without clutter.

I would keep them all. It´s a great feature. Maybe make the lock icons less visible in the inactive state and/or replace them with something smaller.

I think the basic controls are enough. Wet/dry lock is very useful. Length can be in some cases and ER/LR might be too sometimes. The other controls I don't think I'd ever lock, but that is of course just my personal opinion.

As other people said if it's possible to make the lock take up less space of course use it on everything. Have locked controls with a red ring around them or something.

+1 for a keyboard shortcut and a different look between locked and unlocked, like chandlerhimself idea.
Maybe the lock symbol on the button or greyed out.
And changing this behaviour for the whole melda line.

It honestly looks silly with all those locks on the easy screen. I think if people need to lock more than just the main Dry/Wet, ER/LR and Length, then it reasonable to open the edit screen for this.

I don't like the idea of locking parameters using a keyboard shortcut, as it is not easy enough for beginners. How will they know the shortcut? The easy screen needs to be self explanatory without having to dig into a manual. The locks as they are now are easier to understand.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Keep basic ones, find a little better visual way (something closer to the knob perhaps), and have an option to show All locks :)

I say keep all the locks.
jmg8 wrote:then it reasonable to open the edit screen for this.
Just as a side note, there's no edit screen in the non MB version of TurboReverb which is the one included in the mastering bundle.

pone wrote:I say keep all the locks.
jmg8 wrote:then it reasonable to open the edit screen for this.
Just as a side note, there's no edit screen in the non MB version of TurboReverb which is the one included in the mastering bundle.
Check again. There is an edit screen for me on the non MB version.

Vojtech knows my thoughts very well :) But here goes:
-- the Easy screen looks very cluttered with them,
-- most of the time I would not use them,
-- they change the width of the parameter labels,
-- the positioning is sub-optimal (especially for the knobs, when I would expect them to be next to the knob, not the knob label).

For me, they would only be used when switching between Active Presets and I wanted to keep some of the parameter settings. That is < 1% of the time.

Just for comparison:
Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/p8DmKsa.png

I was thinking of some way of displaying the padlocks for those parameters marked as 'lockable' only when they are needed (during Active Preset browsing or randomization). Perhaps change that [Edit] button, above the Active Presets to [Locks], to display / hide the padlocks?

So, my vote is keep them all, but hide them until needed.
Last edited by DarkStar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

1. Remove the small locks - yes they do clutter the screen
2. Right click on knob (or short-cut) to lock, knob changes to locked state (some sort of grayed out or red ring, as chandler suggests).
3. Double click (or right-click / shortcut) to un-lock.

:hyper:

::
Mads

Agree with darkstar.
There is no need for 2 edit buttons. Turn the one above the active presets list into a show/hide locks button.

How about making them look like LED buttons of hardware:
no lock sign, just a button that's slightly darker than the surrounding surface, and when pressed make them look like (for example) green led buttons, maybe spotting a lock sign only when pressed. Looks sexier for sure than those lock signs ;)
And you can keep the size and form actually. Just an idea.
-PC: Threadripper gen3 3200, 128Gig RAM, Windows 10/64bit, SDD HDs, RME UCX, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, Reason 12, Wavelab9, MTotalBundle, 2 Acer Touchscreens-

Return to “MeldaProduction”