Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's taking an awful long time for M8, the time stretching must have been a massive task to implement!
Can we expect some other little goodies to go with the new release? :)

M8 mainly is about creative timestretching. More details very soon when the public beta is available.

Ok, thanks, looking forward to it, despite my lack of interest in time-stretching!

mutools wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:19 pm M8 mainly is about creative timestretching. More details very soon when the public beta is available.
Heel erg bedankt voor de hulp!

Jimp_music wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:25 pm
mutools wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:19 pm M8 mainly is about creative timestretching. More details very soon when the public beta is available.
Did you run your reply through M8? :hihi:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:44 pm
Jimp_music wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:25 pm
Did you run your reply through M8? :hihi:
Yes, and apparently its in belgian language😂😂

Michael L wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:21 am You can in Windows. See https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/audiolab.html

"The nice thing is that (on Windows) you can setup this MuTools app so it can work together with one of these audio editors. In the main menu -> "Edit Preferences", select the "External Audio Editor" preference, and choose your favorite editor. Now you'll see that when you right-click the audio display in the Audio Lab, you get a context menu option "Edit In Audio Editor", where "Audio Editor" will be the name of your favorite audio editor. Then MuLab stops using this audio file and transfers control over the audio file to the audio editor. Now you can make any edits you want in the audio editor, and save them to the audio file. When you switch back to MuLab, MuLab will notice the changes and propose to re-open the audio file, and update the audio streams to the applied edits."
Thank you.

In the preferences menu there is always a brief explanation of the function of the MuLab commands. I ask if you can make the explanation (or that short text) copyable by selecting it with the arrow of the muose to be able to translate it with the various translators online, to better understand the functionality of the program. Thank you.

I'd like to right click/option click on an audio track in ML and select "open in external editor" . . . after editing, save in same location thereby updating the recorded track.

^^^On a mac you can set up MuLab and your audio editors to save to the same project folder. It has the advantage of being able to save different versions from the audio editors.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:58 pm ^^^On a mac you can set up MuLab and your audio editors to save to the same project folder. It has the advantage of being able to save different versions from the audio editors.
Is there a way to launch an audio editor from the audio track/clip in ML?

^^^ No. Because I use specialized audio editors, my best workflow is to show audio editors in the Dock, click to launch, and open an audio file from the project folder. Also, you can do basic editing and DSP in the MuLab audio editor.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:59 am ^^^ No. Because I use specialized audio editors, my best workflow is to show audio editors in the Dock, click to launch, and open an audio file from the project folder. Also, you can do basic editing and DSP in the MuLab audio editor.
I'd like the option of launching from the track directly, but I guess I could follow your flow by making an alias/icon of the project folder and launching from there. I'm assuming as long as I keep the file name and location the newly edited audio will launch in the track where it was originally located/recorded.

I do not know, maybe I'm not used to it, but there's a really annoying aspect that I can not bear in MuLab. The small window called "Preset File Name" in theory should change the preset, but in MuLab he change the entire plugin and if I try to go back (left arrow) I get the writing "No Previous File Found". This thing is really annoying and I just can not understand it ... If I want to change a preset I have to change the preset and not the plugin, also because then I can not recover it anymore ... Thanks.

It's not changing plugin, it's changing modular patch.
Please read these essential doc pages about MUX Modular:

http://mutools.com/info/docs/mux/mux.html
http://mutools.com/info/docs/mux/modular-editor.html
http://mutools.com/info/docs/mux/mux-front-panels.html

If clicking "Previous Preset" gives "No Previous File Found" then it means you were at the start of the list.

Return to “MUTOOLS”