Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, thank you

According to you, the idea of creating a sampler (MuSampla, for example) that can load directly from a server (website) internet of FLAC audio files or compressed without loss of data can be a good idea?

The internet isn't (and probably will never be) fast enough to make this a sensible option. You'd need to download them to local storage for use.

If you mean "can I make an instrument that includes a set of samples available on the internet?" then that's a different matter.

Thanks, I mean something similar to MixCraft ... where you look for the name of the sample (audio file) from the freesound.org site and then download it into the DAW as an audio file, only that instead of downloading it as audio files, you can download it directly to ' internal sampler, maybe even with the possibility of automatically mapped it...
Last edited by Suono & Computer on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

^^^ You can set up your browser preference so it downloads to your sample folder; then open the file in your sampler of choice: https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/commo ... owser.html
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

OK, thank you. I noticed that almost all the audio & Midi software work stations have a timeline that starts at 0 (left) without leaving any second of empty space. Do you think it would be useful to have a gap of about three seconds before the timeline starts? An empty space that then becomes effective in rendering. Thank you.

Tried to see what the hype was. It has to have the worst demo made by human being. You have hiss..fine, then audio drop outs and finally when you do get your loop in and some slices reversed you get the 30 min time limit and audio is gone. Really? Maybe it is a lot of fun and useful tool but i feel like the engineer was laughing his arse off when i try to demo it. Well i'm having the last laugh this time.

Of course it's a pity to read you had a bad experience, i'm sorry about that. At the very start of MuLab 8 Demo these limitations are clearly shown, didn't you get that info alert? Allmost all other DAWs have similar limitations for their demo version, don't you agree?
ruffindajungle wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:57 pm You have hiss..fine, then audio drop outs
Audio drop outs are not part of the demo limitations, except after the 30 minutes demo time. Please provide more details about the audio drop outs you encountered than i can have a look at that.

Sorry again, and thanks for your feedback.

Ok enough of those adventures with demo mysteries, i found someone made a nice timestretch comparisons and could use Mulab on drums. Good job Mutools!

I know it's probably Paypal Eu thing but i could not see the place where i can buy the full version without paypal. After purchase it throws me into this page, either login or register..
Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 23.14.57.png

If you are inside EU, can i make you a Sepa transfer? No fees for the sharks :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Please email this question to Image

Wouldn't it make sense to always indicate the latest build with double digits? Currently it is for instance 8.1.5 and 8.1.15. Build 8.1.50 would make it more obvious which is the more recent one...

8.1.5 comes before 8.1.15 because 5 is less that 15, right?

e-crooner wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:18 pm Wouldn't it make sense to always indicate the latest build with double digits? Currently it is for instance 8.1.5 and 8.1.15. Build 8.1.50 would make it more obvious which is the more recent one...
The period/dot does not indicate a decimal, rather a delimiter or separator. The builds roughly go as such: Major.Minor.Build . As pljones stated, 5 < 15 < 50 which makes sense in this versioning scheme.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Still, I think it would make more sense to do it like with official dates, 19.02.10

In Reaper it is for instance:

https://www.reaper.fm/whatsnew.txt
With your logic, .311 would be the more recent version, not .32.

Rolling versions (date based) work well for subscription or rolling release software, but not for software with development cycles such as Mulab. Take for example the common YYYY.MM version scheme. What's the difference between 2019.12 and 2020.1 ? Well, the difference could be a bug fix, or a major version release. There's no clear indicator of a feature boost. Now, for software that's under a development cycle built on incremental upgrades instead of major feature boosts, the progressive model works. Mulab however doesn't exactly have the resources for a progressive/incremental development cycle as there is only one developer.

With regards to Reaper, it's currently in version 5.983, yes? What happens after 5.999? 5.9991? That last one seems like the improvement is more marginal than a full .001 update, which is more likely. The developer would have to plan out each release or plan out how many releases they can build under a major version, which is a strange artificial limitation.

I think the better lesson here is that versioning is a game between informing users about a new version, and how big the new version is. The rolling/progressive versioning schemes are great for knowing what's newer, but fail to inform users at a quick glance about the feature increases. On the other hand, Major.Minor.Build schemes are more difficult to read for what's newer, but do a much better job at informing the user the kind/how big of update it is.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”