Note Editor grid settings??

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any way to change the default grid settings????

This automatic grid, where every one bar clip has automatically a 32th grid drives me crazy...
Who on earth needs a 32th grid as default???

Trancit wrote:Is there any way to change the default grid settings????

This automatic grid, where every one bar clip has automatically a 32th grid drives me crazy...
Who on earth needs a 32th grid as default???
Mine displays as 16ths by default. Of course if you zoom in, you get 32nds

I don't think there is a default setting, but you can create a new project, set it how you want, and save that as a template. Cmd + Shift + N (on Mac) opens a new project from a template.

pdxindy wrote:
Really...
If I open a new standard project double click on a clip launcher slot to create a new 1 bar clip and double click the new clip to open the docked note editor it shows me 1/32th
don't think there is a default setting, but you can create a new project, set it how you want, and save that as a template. Cmd + Shift + N (on Mac) opens a new project from a template.
This doesn´t work for me...
No matter, what I set and save... it´s saved only for the one clip ...
Every ne created clip shows again the 1/32th grid

Trancit wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Really...
If I open a new standard project double click on a clip launcher slot to create a new 1 bar clip and double click the new clip to open the docked note editor it shows me 1/32th
Maybe we have different sized monitors?... when I do what you describe, it is 16ths

And you are right, a template doesn't help with each new clip. A new clip default setting in preferences would be useful... including a way to scale the auto setting.

btw, you can use the key commands - ',' and '.' to increase and decrease the grid... that of course turns automatic off.

pdxindy wrote: btw, you can use the key commands - ',' and '.' to increase and decrease the grid... that of course turns automatic off.
This helps already...thx

Return to “Bitwig”