DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

10.7.2 is online which fixes the crashes with some extensions on startup.

zengel wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:07 pm I come back for a bug that i talked about before regarding the Drumachine with the push 2 and the last moss script (but it already happened before)
I made a little video to show it.
You can get some weirdness if you have empty pads in the drum machine, especially if the first one is empty. To work around this always put a sound in the C1 pad.

moss wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:16 pm 10.7.2 is online which fixes the crashes with some extensions on startup.
Thanks Moss, my crashes are gone with v10.7.2

Hello dear Jürgen, Would it be possible with a future update that the push 1 jumps back to a menu? Example if I have selected a sound in the browser and press select then the display is blank.I would also love a slightly longer display of the octave up and down.

Hello dear Jürgen, Would it be possible with a future update that the push 1 jumps back to a menu? Example if I have selected a sound in the browser and press select then the display is blank.I would also love a slightly longer display of the octave up and down.

Thanks a lot for your work 😊

Edit:
Bitwig 3.2.8
Moss script 10.7.2 (the same on 10.7.1)
OS Linux (Ubuntu 20) / Windows 10
Last edited by esq1 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:40 pm
zengel wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:07 pm I come back for a bug that i talked about before regarding the Drumachine with the push 2 and the last moss script (but it already happened before)
I made a little video to show it.
You can get some weirdness if you have empty pads in the drum machine, especially if the first one is empty. To work around this always put a sound in the C1 pad.
Thanks for the answer !
Then it's not already possible to create customs maps with the drum machine plugin . I don't know how it occurs but it happens that the difference between the pad shown on Bitwig are 1 or 2 octave lower on the drum machine than the pad currently pushed on the push 2.
Is it a problem with your script or the Bitwig program ?

I tried to put a sample on the C1 as a workaround but it does not seems to change something for me .
And yes ! no more OSC crash on start !
Thanks !

zengel wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:54 am Then it's not already possible to create customs maps with the drum machine plugin . I don't know how it occurs but it happens that the difference between the pad shown on Bitwig are 1 or 2 octave lower on the drum machine than the pad currently pushed on the push 2.

I tried to put a sample on the C1 as a workaround but it does not seems to change something for me .
Is it fixed if you switch to another track and back again?

Could you do another video about what you are pressing/doing?

Hello @Moss, thanks for your great work! I have a question for your generic Flexi script. I see that the global (Shift) can be programmed in. Is there a way for me to combine this with another CC command so that I can access secondary functions, or does it exist to provide an alternative shift button to work primarily with mouse/keyboard commands? I have the Presonus ioStation 24c and it has several secondary commands accessible with shift in native mode for Studio One. Thanks!

-Moses

esq1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 am Hello dear Jürgen, Would it be possible with a future update that the push 1 jumps back to a menu? Example if I have selected a sound in the browser and press select then the display is blank.
Thanks, I blocked the select button now in Browse mode.
esq1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 am I would also love a slightly longer display of the octave up and down.
Thanks for bringing this up, this was actually a serious bug. Will be fixed in the next update.

moseskim84 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 pm Hello @Moss, thanks for your great work! I have a question for your generic Flexi script. I see that the global (Shift) can be programmed in. Is there a way for me to combine this with another CC command so that I can access secondary functions, or does it exist to provide an alternative shift button to work primarily with mouse/keyboard commands? I have the Presonus ioStation 24c and it has several secondary commands accessible with shift in native mode for Studio One. Thanks!

-Moses
Yes, the documentation is a bit sparse regarding Shift. Mainly it slows down the value change when combined with a relative knob. Furthermore, the are some button combinations in the Transport sections, just see any of the controller documentations of DrivenByMoss which have a transport bar.

thx

Hello in the round,
Can someone tell me what in 10.7.0 the new API does? Is it visible in the push 2 display?

New: Knobs use new hardware API, simulator shows positions

I am considering buying the push 2 😁

esq1 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:50 pm Can someone tell me what in 10.7.0 the new API does? Is it visible in the push 2 display?

New: Knobs use new hardware API, simulator shows positions
It is more of an internal thing, which might give some benefit in the future. But functionality is pretty the same. If you are interested in the simulator, check out my Bitwig API tutorial videos about the new hardware API.

moss wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:40 pm
zengel wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:54 am Then it's not already possible to create customs maps with the drum machine plugin . I don't know how it occurs but it happens that the difference between the pad shown on Bitwig are 1 or 2 octave lower on the drum machine than the pad currently pushed on the push 2.

Is it fixed if you switch to another track and back again?

Could you do another video about what you are pressing/doing?
No, it's not fixed when switching to another track.
The light are not the good one.
I don't know what to show you more but i could send you my Bitwig set with just a bugged dum machine map preset ? then you could figure out why it work and load wrong ?

Here is the link to download the project. it contains only a drum machine .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sX38HM ... sp=sharing

could you please tell me when you download it then i will erase the link.
Thanks !

Return to “Controller Scripting”