DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

HI sir

For the fire, is there a way to make the arpeggio work with the Note Latch module in bitwig?

also is there a way to add a user settings option to latch the Shift or alt buttons on the fire?

zengel wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 pm Here is the link to download the project. it contains only a drum machine .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sX38HM ... sp=sharing

could you please tell me when you download it then i will erase the link.
Thanks !
I took a look at your file. You put a HiHat in the FX channel (which makes it play from all pads) but you need to put it in one of the pad channels.
Furthermore, make sure that you see the orange rectangles on the left of the device, they show you the current focus of the controller. If they are missing, the drum device is not found by my extension and therefore you also do not see the info on the controller pads. This is the case, if you e.g. loaded an instrument in one of the pads and after that the instrument is selected. This is a current limitation of Bitwig that you can only find the drum device if a top level device of the track is selcted (and not one in a layer).
I tried to visualise it in the attached image. Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moss wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:05 am
zengel wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 pm Here is the link to download the project. it contains only a drum machine .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sX38HM ... sp=sharing

could you please tell me when you download it then i will erase the link.
Thanks !
I took a look at your file. You put a HiHat in the FX channel (which makes it play from all pads) but you need to put it in one of the pad channels.
Furthermore, make sure that you see the orange rectangles on the left of the device, they show you the current focus of the controller. If they are missing, the drum device is not found by my extension and therefore you also do not see the info on the controller pads. This is the case, if you e.g. loaded an instrument in one of the pads and after that the instrument is selected. This is a current limitation of Bitwig that you can only find the drum device if a top level device of the track is selcted (and not one in a layer).
I tried to visualise it in the attached image. Hope this helps.
Thanks so mutch for your help and answer!
I also use the drum machine as a midi map with the layout 64 drum pad on the push 2 for third party vst .like Stutter edit or for some kontakt keyboard mapping .
It's really usefull.

I would also love to have the ability to color the keys of the piano layout or the "play" layout of the push 2 as the "light guide" of the Komplete Control but the drum machine make the job ;)
moss wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:05 am This is a current limitation of Bitwig that you can only find the drum device if a top level device of the track is selected (and not one in a layer)
I suspected that .Even more with your previous message but now it's totally clear as you explain it .
I put the E-hat (as an example) in the FX channel like i do with VST . The goal is to receive all midi informations (in live you can put it in a pad and choose to receive all midi note). But yet i can put the vst after the drum machine plug ;) .

Thanks for all your help. It work perfectly now ;)
Have a good day !

And finally yeah why not ?
Would it be possible to make the color of the "piano" or "play" layout on the push 2 change ,as the drum 64 or drum layout ? If a drum machine is on the track then the colors would be the drum machine mapped colors on it's pads ? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
we could then make custom scale or keyboard color map ?!!!! :party: :party:

Moss! Thank you so much for all your work. I'm just digging in to DrivenByMoss and loving the possibilities. I have a quick question that I hope hasn't been posted elsewhere.

In Generic Flexi, the 8 configurable 'Actions' have dropdowns containing an enormous list of possible actions that are much bigger than my screen's width - I can't see them all. Is there a list of these actions somewhere? It looks like they are dynamically generated as I couldn't find them in your source code. I think it would be immensely helpful to know what all is controllable in Bitwig!

And more specifically do you know if the Browser's 'Star' button a potential destination? I can't believe there isn't an assignable keyboard command in Bitwig for that. Would be so useful for auditioning samples. Hoping I can assign it via Generic Flexi.

skwaer wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:56 pm Moss! Thank you so much for all your work. I'm just digging in to DrivenByMoss and loving the possibilities. I have a quick question that I hope hasn't been posted elsewhere.

In Generic Flexi, the 8 configurable 'Actions' have dropdowns containing an enormous list of possible actions that are much bigger than my screen's width - I can't see them all. Is there a list of these actions somewhere? It looks like they are dynamically generated as I couldn't find them in your source code. I think it would be immensely helpful to know what all is controllable in Bitwig!

And more specifically do you know if the Browser's 'Star' button a potential destination? I can't believe there isn't an assignable keyboard command in Bitwig for that. Would be so useful for auditioning samples. Hoping I can assign it via Generic Flexi.
Take a look in the Bitwig Settings -> Shortcuts. They are the same.

thanks
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrivenByMoss 10.7.3 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2.5+
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Notification message display time was too short (since message was canceled straight away).
    • Fixed: Added a workaround for new hardware API always showing "Send" as the send name.
  • APC40
    • New: Display Send index and name as well as user pages when changing to these modes.
    • Fixed: Crash when switching to effect tracks.
    • Fixed: Mk2: Do not switch to next Send when Send button was used in combination with track selection (to select Send N).
    • Fixed: Mk2: Last send mode was not remembered when changed with track selection combination.
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk2
    • Fixed: Finished conversion to new hardware API, therefore volume and parameters change with the same speed again.
  • Launchpad
    • New: When duplicating a clip the destination clip can now be chosen. Pro models: Keep Duplicate button pressed; choose the source clip (it must be a clip with content, you can still select a different clip with content); select the destination clip (this must be an empty clip, which can also be on a different track); release the Duplicate button. On the non-pro models, activate duplicate mode, duplicate mode is deactivated, as soon as you select an empty clip as the destination.
  • Push
    • New: When duplicating a clip the destination clip can now be chosen. Keep Duplicate button pressed; choose the source clip (it must be a clip with content, you can still select a different clip with content); select the destination clip (this must be an empty clip, which can also be on a different track); release the Duplicate button.
    • Fixed: Select button is now blocked in Browse mode since it does not have any function in that mode and left the extension with a blank screen when accidently pressed.
Enjoy!

hello, I have a launchpad pro mk3 and the play transport button dosen't work

I use the last drivenbymoss extension (10.7.3) and bitwig version (3.2.7)

I use a debian version of linux but I don't think it was the problem, Bitwig work fine and the play transport work with my launchpad If I don't activate the drivenbymoss extension

neijlu wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:18 pm hello, I have a launchpad pro mk3 and the play transport button dosen't work

I use the last drivenbymoss extension (10.7.3) and bitwig version (3.2.7)

I use a debian version of linux but I don't think it was the problem, Bitwig work fine and the play transport work with my launchpad If I don't activate the drivenbymoss extension
Works fine on my Ubuntu installation. Only thing I can suggest is to check if you have the latest firmware installed.

EDIT: My post is not relevant anymore since a firmware upgrade solved all issues.
Last edited by rhythm1c on Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rhythm1c wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:13 pm Hello,

Jurgen huge thanks for all your hard work and making such a range of controllers available for our favorite DAW.
But I would kindly request some help here

Here is the issue:

I just got a Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3 which unfortunately misbehaves badly i.e. leds blink randomly, no button synchronization between Bw and LP etc. These issues render the device unusable. I own Bitwig 2.4.3 with no upgrade plan left unfortunately.

According to mossgrabers.de the DrivenByMoss-7.60-Bitwig.zip which is valid up to Bitwig v3 does indeed support Mini Mk3

I copied the DrivenByMoss.bwextension into the Documents\Bitwig Studio\Extensions. Bitwig does indeed see the controller and autoconfigures it but without being able to cooperate with it :-(

Subsequently I experimented with all sorts of permutations:
* Tried different USB ports, tried installing the Novation Launchpad USB driver, selected the recommended MIDI ports on Bw etc

Unfortunately I cannot register the hardware nor update firmware because then I will lose the ability to return it for refund.
Any ideas ? I really want to make this work ...
I am afraid you have to update the firmware. I guess it is still the 1.0 version installed which has some issues.

Thanks a lot for the answer Juergen. I modified my original post.
Last edited by rhythm1c on Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YEES IT WORKS!!!

It was all the bad v1.0 firmware. The update process completed online through Chrome midi (wow) no extra Windows software installation necessary. Now it works great and I have lots of study to do :-D

Thanks again.

Take a look in the Bitwig Settings -> Shortcuts. They are the same.
Ah, got it thank you! That makes sense.

So is the browser's 'Star' button not available? I looked at the API and it doesn't look like it, but I haven't messed around in Java in ages. Thank you again!

Return to “Controller Scripting”