DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

DrivenByMoss 13.7.0 is online!
  • Beatstep
    • Fixed: Play button did not work.
    • Fixed: The template had set the wrong global MIDI channel (1 instead of 3).
    • Fixed: The manual missed the command tables for all modes.
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: MIDI channel can be set to All but this will disable the reflection of the value to the device.
    • Fixed: File dialogs were not working on some Linux systems.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Clips in session mode were always shown in orange when not playing.
  • Push 2
    • New: A pinned track shows a pin as its' icon.
Enjoy!

Thanks moss!

Y'know - what's really cool is how the Bitwig script for Push remembers the layout you've chosen for each track - so once you've set the '64' layout for a drum track, it will be there ready to play when your return to that track.

Sadly Bitwig seems to 'forget' these settings when you restart it. Any way you could make them save with the project?

(I'm building a live set with loads of tracks, and it's a pain setting up 20+ drum tracks to '64 mode' each time I play))

present wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:40 pm Thanks moss!

Y'know - what's really cool is how the Bitwig script for Push remembers the layout you've chosen for each track - so once you've set the '64' layout for a drum track, it will be there ready to play when your return to that track.

Sadly Bitwig seems to 'forget' these settings when you restart it. Any way you could make them save with the project?

(I'm building a live set with loads of tracks, and it's a pain setting up 20+ drum tracks to '64 mode' each time I play))
That's problematic for 2 reasons. First there are no hidden fields which could be stored in the document which would mean it needed somehow to be compressed in a textfield. Furthermore, there is a bug in document parameters which could cause some issues with this as well.

aw damn... it's such a killer feature having the layouts work right for the instrument you're playing. I don't suppose you take bribes for custom work? ;)
Last edited by present on Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi @moss , I would like to say massive thank you for getting my LaunchpadX to work with bitwig 3.

Question. I want to trigger a CLIP to Start and Stop via my Elektron Digitakt with either a Note or CC message getting sent to Bitwig.

Is this possible? if so how roughly?

Thanks for any help.

Dear Moss, once again many thanks to you!
[edit] sorry, question is resolved
viewtopic.php?p=8206650#p8206650

moss wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:37 am
astartes wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:06 am Just a quick sugestion: Would it be possible to put in the Config for Launchpad, Apc 40 an the other Grid Based Controllers a selctor fot the default Page of that Controller?

I use a Launchpad Pro MK3 and an APC 40 KMK2, The LP mostly for Sequencers and Notes, the APC mostly for Cliplaunching, Mixing etc.

As both Controllers start with the Note Mode as default i have to switch the APC all the Time to the Cliplauncher. No Big deal.... but if you could pre configure the default page it would be, in my oppinion, a handy feature.
Will add it to the wish list.
This would be a nice little feature.
Thanks for the mega awesome script Moss!

I partially blame you for getting myself a launchpad :lol:

Hi,

Quick suggestion on the Akai Fire script. Currently, to stop a clip, while in session view you hold the 'STOP' button and then press the clip you'd like to stop. This works fine, but I have mistakenly stopped my whole set a few times. Additionally, if you hold down the 'STOP' button, but decide not to stop a clip, as soon as you let go of the 'STOP' button, the transport stops.

So I feel this is a risky button combo to stop a clip. While it makes sense to stop a clip with the 'STOP' button, I think it would be better if the 'ALT' button was used for this instead in this mode. Leave 'STOP' as a dedicated stop button to avoid potentially embarrassing or time consuming mistakes (e.g. in the middle of recording a set). Thoughts?

moss wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:24 am
perfprof wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:19 am I tried the Generic Flexi script with Faderfox EC4. I am unable to get CC feedback to the EC4 (Send value to device is activated). I noticed that your script for Novation SL MKII works great with regard to CC feedback to the SL MKII (thank you very very much!!!). I also noticed that in Bitwig's Controllers Settings page, the MIDI port configuration for the SL MKII includes a single MIDI Out port called 9-SLMKII and two MIDI IN ports: MIDIIN2(9-SLMKII) and 9-SLMKII. I only see a single MIDI in and a single MIDI Out port for the Faderfox EC4.
- Does the Generic Flexi script require two MIDI In ports (like the SLMKII) in order to provide CC feedback to my Faderfox EC4?
>> If so, any idea how to get two MIDI In ports for the Faderfox EC4 ? ... and is this something Faderfox needs to provide?
>> If not, any idea why CC feedback to the EC4 is not happening when I use the Generic Flexi script?
Note that Faderfox claims that the EC4 supports CC Feedback.

The feedback does only work if the LED message is identical to the one sent by the button. E.g. if a button sends CC 30 with value 127 on press and 0 on release, the LED is turned on by sending 127 to the device and 0 to turn it off. For all other cases you need a specific script.
Hi Jürgen,

I have a similar issue but do not understand your reply.
I would like to use my Faderfox EC4 to receive CC Feedback when turning a knob on a Plugin.
It would be cool if the EC4 would receive values for all mapped controller knobs at once whenever I change a preset on the VSTi - would that be possible with Flexi?

So at the moment I can fully control my VSTi from the EC4 but not the other way around - EC4 does not receive any Feedback information if I turn a mapped knob on the Plugin.

moss.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello everyone !
I have launchpad Pro Mk3, I have installed the latest firmware but I have no clue how to set my midi send to channel 1?

moss wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:54 am
Fannon wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:18 pm I hope I'm not asking something very obvious: Is is possible to load the Launchpad only in "live mode", e.g. like Ableton Live does? I know this would disable much of the functionality and behavior of this extension. On the other hand, I could use the standard built-in functionality of the Launchpad Pro MK3 (note mode, chord mode, sequencer) and still use it as a session controller for Bitwig.

So if I have a look in the Lauchpad Programmer manual, this would be using the Launchpad in Live Mode + Session (DAW Mode) and not in programmer mode?
In Live Mode, all Launchpad Pro [MK3] functionality is maintained, such as having access to Note Mode, Chord Mode and Custom Modes.
No, that is not supported. Also Live-Mode is quite limited.
I guess, you could use lauchpads pro mk3 internal hardware sequencer and chords along with the generic flexi script, correct?

What about "Print to Clip", could that be set up to work with generic flexi?

I guess, you could use lauchpads pro mk3 internal hardware sequencer and chords along with the generic flexi script, correct?
I haven't looked deeper into the generic flexi script. Would it allow to support session / clip launcher mode?

What I've found in the meantime is a similar project to what I was looking for, but for the Launchpad X: https://github.com/Jengamon/Launchpad-X-Bitwig-Script
Maybe, when I'll have some time, I might try to adjust it to Launchpad Pro MK3
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

danilosan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:51 pm
moss wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:54 am
Fannon wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:18 pm I hope I'm not asking something very obvious: Is is possible to load the Launchpad only in "live mode", e.g. like Ableton Live does? I know this would disable much of the functionality and behavior of this extension. On the other hand, I could use the standard built-in functionality of the Launchpad Pro MK3 (note mode, chord mode, sequencer) and still use it as a session controller for Bitwig.

So if I have a look in the Lauchpad Programmer manual, this would be using the Launchpad in Live Mode + Session (DAW Mode) and not in programmer mode?
In Live Mode, all Launchpad Pro [MK3] functionality is maintained, such as having access to Note Mode, Chord Mode and Custom Modes.
No, that is not supported. Also Live-Mode is quite limited.
Yes.
danilosan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:51 pm What about "Print to Clip", could that be set up to work with generic flexi?
No.

Honestly Bitwig should hire Moss so they can have him develop these scripts officially and have them included with Bitwig by default.

The depth and range of controller integration DrivenByMoss has is insane and I feel like it’d be a huge selling point for new Bitwig users if they slapped it on their product page. :love:
multi-platinum music producer / songwriter
https://www.takaperry.com

When using Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 mki in Reaper, if I bring up a VST, I can see the parameters fine in the S61's parameter menus, automatically mapped for me.

However, in Bitwig Studio 4, only the Volume and Track pages have values; the Parameter menu will show the name of the VST, but won't display actual parameters, unless the VST is Bitwig-exclusive (or Diva). Moving the knobs does nothing. I am using the latest version, 13.7.0.

Ex. Parameters for Bitwig's FM-4 will appear on the 8 screens, but parameters for Arturia Analog Lab V, Cherry Audio Memorymode, or Dexed will not.

I tried using the MIDI Learn features to see if those would work, but it doesn't look like the inputs are recognized by Bitwig in VST's, so that didn't work either.

In the video for Komplete Kontrol mki series, I see the Parameter menu is usable with Diva (https://youtu.be/6qAUX4rThFw?t=261), and Diva does work, but I couldn't get other third-party VST's to work. Maybe I'm missing something important?

Return to “Controller Scripting”