Colour Copy - Contest

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

First of all let me introduce myself: I’m Dario, a new team member happy to have joined u-he last week. I’ll be mainly taking care of Promotion, Marketing and Web Design.

As some of you may already know from the Colour Copy beta release, we’re going to run a contest for the naming of the 5 colour types:
KVR contest screen.png
In case you didn’t try the beta yet and want to discuss the product, check this thread.

As a reminder: everybody who already contributed to this in the beta thread, please post your suggestion here. We are only considering the contributions posted here.

There are 3 simple rules:
- You can use a maximum of 8 characters
- 1 submission per person
- Stick to one concept
E.g., avoid something like:
  1. Fruit
  2. Colour
  3. Animal
  4. ...
The contest will end July 20. The winner will be picked by the team and contacted before the release date. In case we don't like any of the submissions, we'll draw a random winner.

Prize: 1 u-he plugin of choice.

Disclaimer: by entering the contest, you agree that we at u-he are allowed to use your contribution in our products.

We're looking forward to your submissions! Have fun :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by needaname on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

01.] amaranth
02.] tyrian
03.] cerulean
04.] viridian
05.] amber

Type 1: Prune
Type 2: Bramble
Type 3: Mint
Type 4: Kiwi
Type 5: Coconut

Yesss, finally.

Okay, they're based on different methods of copying stuff

1. LITHO
2. SPIRIT
3. CARBON
4. LASER
5. STENCIL

from: lithography, spirit duplication (i.e. the ditto machine), carbon copies, laser/toner photocopies, and mimeograph machines respectively

i tried to match the different names to how i felt the sound was influenced by each setting, but I was just guessing. You can change them around to fit your own tastes if you like.

also, you could just straight-up replace SPIRIT with DITTO if you liked, because I think it's become a genericized trademark and people are more familiar with the word than they are with the idea that 'spirit' means alcohol anyway.

EDIT: welcome to the team, by the way! u-he must be getting bigger as a company if they need a dedicated marketing guy. congratulations all
Last edited by sleepcircle on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Twilight Sparkle
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Green Jewel
5. Fluttershy

Yes I'm joking. Please don't call them that.

Edit:
Type 1: Grapes
Type 2: Peach
Type 3: Kiwi
Type 4: Mint
Type 5: Lemon
Last edited by Amram on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amram wrote:Type 1: Grapes
Type 2: Blueberries
Type 3: Kiwi
Type 4: Mint
Type 5: Lemon
Max 8 characters offence, plus a taste of playback. :phones:

1. Saturn
2. Venus
3. Neptune
4. Uranus
5. Mars

1. Rosé
2. Merlot
3. Syrah
4. Riesling
5. Chablis

1.Radio
2.Micro
3.Infrared
4.X-Ray
5.Gamma

Those names refer to the spectrum of radiation types

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:1. Rosé
2. Merlot
3. Syrah
4. Riesling
5. Chablis
nice concept ...

1. Skybeach
2. Aquapark
3. Sunbeam
4. Tropical
5. Warmth (or Heat)

Edit: Dammit, someone already beat me to using the planets. :x :hihi:

fr4ncesco wrote:1. Saturn
2. Venus
3. Neptune
4. Uranus
5. Mars
Good call! You beat me to it! :hihi: I didn't see yours and I listed the same except I used Jupiter instead of Uranus. Ah well, back to the drawing board...

Overlay
Halftone
Acetate
Imprint
Laminate

Return to “u-he”