Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

To clarify, ModFM is not 2 Op FM

Okay. Thank you. Again what learned :)

Btw, I just finished composing, arranging and the pre-production for a track where I exclusively used Hive2 to produce all sounds (except some movie speechie samples). I used 20 instances of Hive2 on a 8 years old quadcore PC similtanous. Okay this machine was high end back in the days. I must salute a big wow for CPU efficiency. I could run various procession plugins too and still have power left when everything is running live. Respect! The efficiency compared to the level of sound quality is amazingly great. Thumbs up.
I will need some time for mixing now and this process can still take a big amount of time cause I got not much time in the next few weeks. But when it's finished, I'll put an information in the forum.

I already can say it will be something you won't expect to hear and that it will be a triple homage. To a late legendary Italian composer (no, it's not Ennio, he is still amongst us), a late legendary Italian genre director and to a legendary contemporary plugins developer from Berlin. :)

Wow, I can literally feel the exitement happening while someone is actually talking about real music making. But please not all at once :D :lol:

Jokes adise. Sorry. I guess that was the wrong location within the forum. But mixing this 30 track piece is real fun and I think you´ll may like the finished version.

Happy summer-holiday sweating :party:

So much excitement here because "real music making" is way off topic in a thread titled "Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables". Enjoy that mixing... and stay cool!

Howard wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:22 pm So much excitement here because "real music making" is way off topic in a thread titled "Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables". Enjoy that mixing... and stay cool!
Yes. Thank you. You too :)

follow

what about UHM scripts, can they be included in a shared soundset without adding the weight of .wav files ?
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:42 am Wavetables aren't going to be a part of the patch, they'd need to be shared along with the patch.

Sure!

Thanks, still not 100% clear i think some UHM wavetables I came across were just saved within the regular h2p preset file?… but can't recall if I'm maybe confusing them with interesting OSC or other settings files (es sequences) I found and then resaved within patches ~ so I think maybe they *don't* need to be saved individually to share like the (external) .wav files though obviously its a lot more friendly/courteous to break them out for reuse
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:15 pmSure!
I came across a curious thing today where i fiddled with another UHM script and then resaved it under a new name and got it traveling through frames playing as expected but then later get stuck - showing a status message something like 'error in line 21' reported in Hives' Hexagon WaveTable window… will investigate further.

Turns out BBEdit supports the (Dr Zahn) UHM syntax even in the free version (maybe Sublime Text does too? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) but I can only install BBEdit on the newer OS not the older AUX (high sierra) OSX 10.13 x laptop

Return to “u-he”